Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD M3 - Configure One Driver Profile for Standard AutoPilot Only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to configure a driver profile for standard autopilot after FSD is purchased? I have a driver who doesn't want the car to change lanes when signaling, but they still want to use AutoPilot to maintain lanes. (Basically, identical to how AP works if you don't purchase FSD.) We tried fully disabling the navigate on autopilot feature suite on the profile, but the car will still change lanes automatically if the turn signal used while AP is on. Is there a way to completely disable all auto-lane changes for a specific driver profile when a turn signal is used?

(Obviously, we still want the automatic lane changes and other FSD features to work on other driver profiles.)

It’s not a direct answer to your question, but maybe there’s another way to satisfy your other driver.

Every week I do a couple of drives of several hours, during which I engage and disengage AP maybe anywhere from 10 to 50 times, either by lifting the stalk because I want to take over for a bit, or by tapping the brakes or turning the wheel because I want something different than what AP was doing, and then I put it back on.

So maybe your driver, when they want to change lanes, could just cancel AP, make the lane change, and turn it back on. Or, what I do: confirm that everything is ready for the lane change (look over your shoulder and all that), then put on the turn signal and hold the steering wheel fairly firmly while the car executes the lane change almost as if in sync with me.

Your other driver could try these two approaches for a while and then decide what works best for them, or use either one situationally.