Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD may require a hardware upgrade...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the part we are missing is environment, the roads are completely different across the country and countries, and someone in CA will have a widely different experience then someone in VA I suspect. The roads / interchanges are all different and the weather, sun etc, all different angles and all effect how AP1, AP2 performs.

I don't disagree, but at the same time I've driven in multiple states with dramatically different highway setups and lane markers. And I grew up in the Midwest and have taken dozens of road trips spanning Illinois, and don't see anything terribly special about their conditions vs the ones I've driven in.

Absolutely, differing highway markings make a HUGE difference. Even AP1.0 performance with botts' dots and "fat lane markers" (*glares at Nevada*) was dicey at first in 7.1 and improved in a later 8.0 build for me.

I don't disagree, but at the same time I've driven in multiple states with dramatically different highway setups and lane markers. And I grew up in the Midwest and have taken dozens of road trips spanning Illinois, and don't see anything terribly special about their conditions vs the ones I've driven in.

Absolutely, differing highway markings make a HUGE difference. Even AP1.0 performance with botts' dots and "fat lane markers" (*glares at Nevada*) was dicey at first in 7.1 and improved in a later 8.0 build for me.

I just want ap2 users and future ap2 users to be aware that it's not all software and seems like hardware is big part of it. Even thought hardware is the same, something makes one car behave very well and another Tesla to swerve when there is nothing and I don't believe it is the road (at least not entirely road fault as the user says road was empty and lane markings were clear when ap2 did something stupid). I'm buying fsd but I will be upset if I get the busted ap2 car to the point where I would try to change the car (wishful thinking probably).

This forum cannot agree that the last video was a fake, betting on the next one is likely to descend into the same nonsense.
I'm gonna go full Nostra-tesla-domus on this mug.... I will say that Elon will reveal at semi that they are live streaming the cross country drive at the exact moment of the semi launch.... and he points to the giant screen.... cut to live video paired with a Rolling Stones song.... "I can't get no.... satisfaction.... I can't get no...... satisfaction... and I try.... and I try.... and I tr.... CRASH! WRECK BOOM FLAMES BLOOD GUTS ASS AND SNOT FLYING EVERYWHERE....

Elon stands there with mouth open in shock.... Live feed cuts to gigafactory live event where employees begin fake scripted conversation not yet aware of the catastrophe unfolding on screen.... stock prices plummet... JB Straubel starts barfing due to the carnage....

Anyone care to add to this prediction?

• Funny
Reactions: u00mem9 and MTOman
So they upgraded some hardware. I'm not surprised at all. They don't wait around to see if something might work. They keep at it till it does work. Of course they are going to find better ways of doing things.

If they can achieve full autonomy with the new upgraded hardware then they will be able to make the HW 2.0 cars very cabable self driving cars. They didn't make any huge changes. Tesla doesn't wait around to innovate. Get use to it. They are stumbling right now with the AP 2.0s. Teslon has picked himself up from much greater setbacks.