Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD on city streets coming later this year with reliability far in excess of human drivers!

Really? :)

• Yes

Votes: 37 18.7%
  • No

Votes: 161 81.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 2.16.13 PM.png

That's for currently enabled features. I'm referring to features that will be released later this year. I guess it depends what "these features" are.

Other features such as Navigation On Autopilot, Autopark, Summon, Traffic lights & Stop signs Compliance, city streets...

All will most likely depend on a competent driver for a long time until the the program will graduate from "beta" program years from now.

Remember: Waymo still needs human driver after it thought it finally didn't any more.

Lol tesla had almost $4B cash end of last quarter they are doing just fine cash flow wise
Yep, they are doing great... :)
Lol tesla had almost $4B cash end of last quarter they are doing just fine cash flow wise

Oh yeah.. Tesla is doing great.

Tesla under Elon Musk is virtually uninvestable, market watcher says

Add to that the fact that Tesla has a nearly $1 billion debt payment coming due on March 1 and recent news that Musk has taken out mortgages on five of his properties,

"That's not a good sign," he said of Musk's mortgage spree. "And just look at the consumer: We just recently heard that there's a record number of people that are 90 days late on their car payments.

Yep, they are doing great... :)

Oh yeah.. Tesla is doing great.

Tesla under Elon Musk is virtually uninvestable, market watcher says

Add to that the fact that Tesla has a nearly $1 billion debt payment coming due on March 1 and recent news that Musk has taken out mortgages on five of his properties,

"That's not a good sign," he said of Musk's mortgage spree. "And just look at the consumer: We just recently heard that there's a record number of people that are 90 days late on their car payments.

Lol you are reallllly reaching here arent you. Tesla had a $3.7B cash position as of Jan. Their debt payment here isnt a problem at all.

And you literally linked an article on how a person worth 23B is moving around 50M in mortgages. That's not even a single percent of his net worth and has less than nothing to do with tesla and their finances

If you want to go troll and spread more incorrect bullshit there are other forums for that

Lol you are reallllly reaching here arent you. Tesla had a $3.7B cash position as of Jan. Their debt payment here isnt a problem at all.

And you literally linked an article on how a person worth 23B is moving around 50M in mortgages. That's not even a single percent of his net worth and has less than nothing to do with tesla and their finances

If you want to go troll and spread more incorrect bullshit there are other forums for that

How long have you owed a Tesla? I have been hearing promises for years for features guaranteed to me that I paid for. Now they are making more promises to new users to get them to buy additional FSD features because they are losing almost $6k for every $35k car they are selling. I don't appreciate them continuing to sell vaporware to new users to raise additional capital.

How long have you owed a Tesla? I have been hearing promises for years for features guaranteed to me that I paid for. Now they are making more promises to new users to get them to buy additional FSD features because they are losing almost $6k for every $35k car they are selling. I don't appreciate them continuing to sell vaporware to new users to raise additional capital.
I think the only feature you haven't gotten has to be FSD which is coming this year. You're so unhappy I think you need to sell your car.

We've heard this before. I'll believe it when I see it.

BTW, anyone else wondering how they are supposed to collect "billions of miles of experience" by the end of the year, which are supposedly required before the features can be activated?

There's something north of 300k Teslas on the road end of last year.... and another 400k being sold this year....but let's only count half those.

That gives us 500,000 cars.

Average car drives a bit over 13,000 miles a year.

500k times 13,000 is....6.5 billion.

So how will they collect billions of miles of experience?

Basic math.

(and that assumes 0 of the billions of miles of data they already have in shadow mode are at all useful- which seems unlikely)

There's something north of 300k Teslas on the road end of last year.... and another 400k being sold this year....but let's only count half those.

That gives us 500,000 cars.

Average car drives a bit over 13,000 miles a year.

500k times 13,000 is....6.5 billion.

So how will they collect billions of miles of experience?

Basic math.
None of those cars have HW3 which is supposedly required for this functionality. So I don't see how they could possibly be used to gain this "experience".

None of those cars have HW3 which is supposedly required for this functionality. So I don't see how they could possibly be used to gain this "experience".

So I went back and re-read the quote.

The very first sentence says "The currently enabled features..."

The second one says "The activation and use of these features..."

So both are talking about the already available features.

Which, indeed, have billions of miles of data on HW2.x already.

The jurisdiction/regulation bit therefore is talking about places that don't permit the existing features.

For example Model 3 had no summon capability in Canada for a long time even though it was available in the US. (might still be the case, don't recall)

So I went back and re-read the quote.

The very first sentence says "The currently enabled features..."

The second one says "The activation and use of these features..."

So both are talking about the already available features.

Which, indeed, have billions of miles of data on HW2.x already.
That doesn't make any sense since the "currently enabled features" are obviously already activated and available for use. And I seriously doubt there are "billions of miles of experience" with NoA, given that it was introduced just 4 months ago.

It seems to me this fine print is intentionally ambiguous ...

That doesn't make any sense since the "currently enabled features" are obviously already activated and available for use.

Except as I pointed out- they are not enabled in some jurisdictions.

So the disclaimer is pointing out you may not have all those features activated everywhere based on local laws. Even gave you a specific example.

T
And I seriously doubt there are "billions of miles of experience" with NoA, given that it was introduced just 4 months ago.

True- it can't be more than around 1.35 billion miles assuming whole fleet at average mileage, and counting shadow mode miles.... on the other hand they likely used a lot of shadow mode data pre feature introduction to create the feature in the first place, that could easily get you into multiple billions.

Reactions: StealthP3D
True- it can't be more than around 1.35 billion miles assuming whole fleet at average mileage, and counting shadow mode miles.... on the other hand they likely used a lot of shadow mode data pre feature introduction to create the feature in the first place, that could easily get you into multiple billions.
I believe "shadow mode" is largely a myth. You can't test a feature like NoA without activating it.