Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD on used 2021/2022 Model X, shows as "included package". Will this remain after purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If on the software screen of a 2021 X it shows the attached screen shot, does this mean it has the FSD functionality included in the vehicle or is it possible that it might be disabled and disappear from the vehicle when I got and transfer the Tesla ownership to my own account?

Seems to be some conflicting opinions, like if it ever went back to Tesla ownership (via lease turn in, trade in) and then was auctioned off to another dealer then it might be removed when the ownership transfers?

However, there is a real value to this feature, so trying to compare vehicles apples to apples makes it difficult.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 7.59.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 7.59.09 PM.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 144
...Seems to be some conflicting opinions, like if it ever went back to Tesla ownership (via lease turn in, trade in) and then was auctioned off to another dealer then it might be removed when the ownership transfers?...

If you buy a used car from Tesla, then what you see is what you got.

In theory, if you buy from a private party then the above is true too.

Although you can't find the policy anywhere but if you buy from a new/used car dealer (not from Tesla), then the chance of losing it is real at any time after you saw that screen showing that FSD was fully paid for and functioning.

Seems to be some conflicting opinions, like if it ever went back to Tesla ownership (via lease turn in, trade in) and then was auctioned off to another dealer then it might be removed when the ownership transfers?
I believe that the fear of this is overblown. I think there was an incident where Tesla later removed FSD from a car that had been auctioned when Tesla’s internal audit found that car “shouldn’t” have it. I think Tesla had the right to remove FSD only while they owned it, and once it was bought by anyone else, the car configuration is whatever it is. Just make sure that the bill of sale clearly lists FSD.

FSD follows the car not the driver.

Just curious if you decided to buy *used with FSD* or not. I'm considering it but wondering with the removal of sensors and converting to cameras, that FSD will only be update/usable on the newer vehicles (cameras).