Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD opt-in... now what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Admittedly, I stopped my daily paying of attention toward all things Tesla like 2 years ago.

My Model 3 had an update a few minutes ago, and it said I could opt-in to FSD beta and gave some simple instructions for doing so, which I did. It seemed to suggest that I'd see a safety score in the app.

Where is this safety score located? Is there some delay between signing up in the car and seeing the safety score on the app?

Just wondering what to expect. Thanks.

The other thread I referenced wasn’t created by a Canadian.
Yeah, it was a good thread for Americans but I think Canada will be a bit different.

More chances to test it when there isn't someone behind them. It's not like he has to worry about FSD Beta embarrassing him in front of a Moose. :)

Sure he might have to wait for the snow to melt before really using it.

Been driving here is Winter Wonderland for 6 days, with a score 99 - we'll see what happens. I've gone about 200km.

Not sure if the idiot pedestrian had an impact - he was crossing the other half of the road to get to the median, where he stopped, but the alert chimed warning me of impending collision before he stopped at the narrow median.

Also forgot for a moment and hurried a turn after the idiot in front of me turned at 5km/h with nobody in front of him.

Not sure if the anti-skid shudder engaging on slick ice causes the "hard braking" score.

But that one trip is the only blemish - 0.3 hard braking, 0.5 aggressive turning (6.3 that day), 0 forward collision warnings, for a 6 day 99 score.

OK, Elon, any time now please.

Interesting is there a difference between FSD Beta vs FSD that you pay $12k for? Or do you pay $12k and still can't use FSD if you don't pass the safety score?
You would not be completely wrong to say this. For example I have a 2016 with FSD and safety score in the high 90's...... BUT my cameras need updating and that only happens when you get "invited" to have it done. WTF else am I supposed to do?????? Very frustrating! Early customers (hey I bought a Signature 85 in 2012 and have owned Teslas since then) are pushed off the shelf I guess as too much trouble.

Reactions: OliverM3
With the $12k FSD purchase you have immediate access to the features listed under FSD Capability below. FSD beta is a software version that includes the non-public, testing version of "Autosteer on City Streets" which is listed as Coming Soon (and has been for quite a while)

From tesla.com:

Full Self-Driving Capability​

$12,000
  • Navigate on Autopilot
  • Auto Lane Change
  • Autopark
  • Summon
  • Full Self-Driving Computer
  • Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

Coming Soon​

• Autosteer on city streets

With the $12k FSD purchase you have immediate access to the features listed under FSD Capability below. FSD beta is a software version that includes the non-public, testing version of "Autosteer on City Streets" which is listed as Coming Soon (and has been for quite a while)

From tesla.com:
Thanks I was going to say that's just wrong if you need a high safety score after paying so much. Then again it seems a little wrong in both cases needing the score. I drive aggressively when I'm out having fun or would on the track. When I'm using FSD it would be a relaxing trip or commute so honestly my safety score is meaningless.

Admittedly, I stopped my daily paying of attention toward all things Tesla like 2 years ago.

My Model 3 had an update a few minutes ago, and it said I could opt-in to FSD beta and gave some simple instructions for doing so, which I did. It seemed to suggest that I'd see a safety score in the app.

Where is this safety score located? Is there some delay between signing up in the car and seeing the safety score on the app?

Just wondering what to expect. Thanks.
There's a thread on this. Short answer - have the latest version of App. (iPhone, in my case - presume same for Android?).
Sign out of the app. close and reopen. Sign in again. (Make sure you know what your login/pwd is!!)
Then Safety Score should be a category on your App like Controls, Climate, Location, etc. .
A little while after each drive, your score should update.

Avoid strong acceleration and strong turns (that throw you to the side) and acceleration or following that triggers that shrill beep-beep-beep.
I had one fast turn and one beeper and that got me a 98% instead of 100%.

Most annoying some idiot jaywalking crossing the other half of the road to the median, still triggered the collision alert even though he stopped on the median...