Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Option Removed? [3 month trial promotion]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a new Model 3 Performance in December, did not buy FSD but it somehow came with it installed, anyway, and said so under "purchased" on the screen and in my app. It worked from day one. So I thought someone made a mistake and gave lucky me a free FSD!

Today I got a notification on my Tesla app: "FSD expires April 1, 2021". And on on the app the status also has changed from " Purchased" to "Eligible" (at $10k).

Has anyone else encountered this? Is this like the proverbial heroin dealer who gives you your first baggy for free, and once you've become addicted, charges you?
We have something similar going on except I am stressing out to the max about it we bought our 2020 Model Y Performance on Dec 29th 2020 it was a demo model so it came with the FSD capability already but 2 weeks later we got a notification that now says FSD capability expires April 2021. That being said my ORIGINAL order model Y we bought with FSD capability paid for and when we took the Demo model (because ours was damaged) it already had FSD capability installed as per dealership practice and as per my order. My problem now is I am going to sell the Y for the new X and I don’t know what will happen April 1st 2021 will it just covert to FSD capability or will it just go back to autopilot or will I need to argue with Tesla to get it on there? I already have a buyer for my Y but would prefer to have this all worked out before selling it just in case I have any issues as I am the original owner and once it’s transferred we may have an issue. I have already talked to Tesla customer service and they have put a note on my file but I’m still super stressed out about it and can’t find anyone with a similar experience and I just want April 1st to come lol.

I have already talked to Tesla customer service and they have put a note on my file but I’m still super stressed out about it and can’t find anyone with a similar experience and I just want April 1st to come lol.
Did you use the chat and save the chat log? Or did you have them send you something written (like in an email). Personally I would not just trust something like that over the phone. I would go back in chat or if possible, get an email verifying what is actually noted in the file, if they can't outright fix it. Also another thing to check is if it shows up as an option you can still order (in app and online account). If it does, that seems to be a clear sign your car is being treated as without that option paid for (although there was a period that with my trial, actually I can't order FSD either, but after few days it showed up as something I can order).

Also do you have any other written proof that your demo car had FSD installed? Did you take screen shots of your actual order or have anything written that shows that as an option?

Did you use the chat and save the chat log? Or did you have them send you something written (like in an email). Personally I would not just trust something like that over the phone. I would go back in chat or if possible, get an email verifying what is actually noted in the file, if they can't outright fix it. Also another thing to check is if it shows up as an option you can still order (in app and online account). If it does, that seems to be a clear sign your car is being treated as without that option paid for (although there was a period that with my trial, actually I can't order FSD either, but after few days it showed up as something I can order).

Also do you have any other written proof that your demo car had FSD installed? Did you take screen shots of your actual order or have anything written that shows that as an option?
We took a photo of the car while it was in the showroom which stated it has the FSD computer we also have the paper that says it’s on the build option but that is now gone when I look on my account luckily I took a photo though and now yes it says I can purchase the upgrade through the app I didn’t know Tesla had a chat feature or an email for that matter is there somewhere I can find this info I would much rather have it in writing as well

We took a photo of the car while it was in the showroom which stated it has the FSD computer we also have the paper that says it’s on the build option but that is now gone when I look on my account luckily I took a photo though and now yes it says I can purchase the upgrade through the app I didn’t know Tesla had a chat feature or an email for that matter is there somewhere I can find this info I would much rather have it in writing as well
Go to the support page, scroll to the bottom, click contact us and select the categories. You will eventually reach an option where you can chat with an agent (although it has to be during business hours).
Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support

I used this option for an issue with the app where it said there was a service message that I couldn't view when I clicked it. Personally, I would rather not wait for agent over phone and prefer chat, plus with my specific issue, chat allowed them to just copy and paste the message for me.

As for email, I don't think they have one directly you can send to (although I've read specific service centers may have them), but just asking that in case you requested them send you an email with it written (I know other companies that don't have email support, the phone/chat reps can still send out emails, although it may come from non-reply addresses).

As has been said, having the FSD computer is NOT the same as included FSD software. Unless you are seeing it explicitly on the Monroney sticker or on your order agreement as a line item like the picture below you did not pay for FSD.

206B7A82-D1E2-429A-A9CA-AD7750A931EF_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: mikes_fsd