Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Payment Method

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed that the FSD subscription seems to revert back to using the Plaid payment method that you used for your original down payment and not your payment method on file that gets used for say Supercharging? I was surprised to see this charge come from my checking account but from what I can tell I can't remove this payment method or select where to use a different payment method? I am going to try to call Tesla about it today but wanted to see if I was missing something.

Has anyone noticed that the FSD subscription seems to revert back to using the Plaid payment method that you used for your original down payment and not your payment method on file that gets used for say Supercharging
My bet is that the fee structure is way different (lower through Plaid) and thus for such a large transaction they decided to save the 1-2% on the transaction fee.

Long story short after calling Tesla I learned that there is no way to remove the ACH authorization that is there. They indicated that if I went into the subscription (under car details on the website) and changed it to my card that the ACH wouldn't be used for anything in the future. The only thing I can do is indicate that they're no longer authorized to take an ACH withdraw and fight it if they ever were to come back and take a withdraw off of that account.