Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price Drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting till Tesla has a FSD 'sale', or needs to bump up revenue one month by lowering the FSD add on price. I think they are losing out on a lot of potential upgrades if the price was actually more reasonable. If it was around $4K instead of $8k, I and many others would get it in a heart beat! Lets face it, FSD is just a fancy upgrade toy and not 'needed' to drive/use the car.
One thing you need to consider is whether you have AP or EAP. I expect that those with AP where it was given for 'free' essentially with the car are highly unlikely to see a sale enabling FSD for something like 4k. Those of us that bought EAP when it was around paid 7900 for EAP, and even when the FSD upgrade was on sale for 2400, the net cost was over 10k for full FSD functionality. I can't see them doing the same for only 4k. Even when the fire sale went on, I believe the total price going from nothing to EAP + FSD was over 7k....so in that regard, 8k + free AP seems about 'fair' compared to what others paid when things were 'on sale'.... just my $0.02...Tesla as always will probably surprise and do something completely different :rolleyes:

Reactions: Boneman and humbaba
I expect that those with AP where it was given for 'free' essentially with the car are highly unlikely to see a sale enabling FSD for something like 4k.
I have regular autopilot but it was not 'free'. I paid $4k for it when I configured my car. I guess there was only a couple months or so where regular autopilot was an option before it was added to the base config so there would be (relatively speaking) few people in the same situation.