Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD price increase - AGAIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
Heyo,
I just read that the news about another propose increase on the FSD to $15k. What gives? It's like a 50% increase in less than a year if this goes through. I get that the early adopters are chuckling, but with the non-transferable reality of this feature, it just makes getting a newer vehicle, that much more expensive.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not a FSD person, but I feel for those who are considering it, while on the cusp of either new user or upgrading their cars. And for the record, I am not trying to incite negativity, other than the pricing.

It sucks that it not stays with the person purchasing but with the car.
Said this from day 1, should follow the account holder until you leave Tesla. Worst set up ever. Compels you to only your Tesla without being able to upgrade/trade up etc.

dumb

And yes, not a FSD fan, I actually like driving, Basic Auto is good enough for highway---better version of cruise control

Reactions: kingston-ont
You will NEVER get that. It may drive you home, but you will still be on the hook for anything that goes wrong.
That is why they (Tesla), have an ironclad agreement, abdicating them of any and all responsibilities in the event of the worst happening. They ensure to put clauses addressing the driver’s need to remain attentive and engaged. So you can forget about playing games, watching movies or reading the paper, just before you crash into that police car on the side of the highway.

1662439499121.png

I really think Tesla does not want anybody to “purchase” EAP or FSD anymore, what they want is for you to subscribe. This is the same model the big software companies have been using for over a decade. It is better to have a revenue stream, and the ability to raise prices, then to receive a one-time payment for a perpetual license.

Reactions: NanaimoMY
I really think Tesla does not want anybody to “purchase” EAP or FSD anymore, what they want is for you to subscribe. This is the same model the big software companies have been using for over a decade. It is better to have a revenue stream, and the ability to raise prices, then to receive a one-time payment for a perpetual license.
I keep seeing this sentiment shared but right now the only place you can subscribe is in the US. The price for EAP and FSD increased in Canada whereas only FSD increased in the US.

Hard to make sense of the decision rationale.

Reactions: malou
Weird that EAP also went up in price. Nothing has changed with those functions in a long time.

It really undermines Elon’s justification for raising the price of FSD. As you said, EAP isn’t getting new features or functionality so the value isn’t changing. It’s software so presumably supply chain constraints have no impact. The only reason seems to be pure margin.