Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD price increase - AGAIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really undermines Elon’s justification for raising the price of FSD. As you said, EAP isn’t getting new features or functionality so the value isn’t changing. It’s software so presumably supply chain constraints have no impact. The only reason seems to be pure margin.

FSD is also not getting any new features. Those of us who paid for FSD are still waiting on delivery of what we bought, which is the FSD beta features.

Reactions: NanaimoMY
I really think Tesla does not want anybody to “purchase” EAP or FSD anymore, what they want is for you to subscribe. This is the same model the big software companies have been using for over a decade. It is better to have a revenue stream, and the ability to raise prices, then to receive a one-time payment for a perpetual license.
Except, you know, subscription is *not* available in Canada...

Reactions: richyrich
I thought EAP would stay half the price of FSD, and so you could hedge the price for FSD as it would be half. Sounds like not the case. Anyone with EAP show what’s the cost to upgrade to FSD now?
1662555510489.png

$7800 + $11700 = $19500

View attachment 849853

$7800 + $11700 = $19500
Wow that’s almost double. Wasn’t it $6600 upgrade EAP -> FSD? Now $11700 ouch. Glad I bought my FSD for $10,500 with my MYP early this year. It’s really not worth that much yet, but who knows it has increased my resale value. Hope my cybertruck FSD price is locked in, should be as thats what it said on the reservation screen to lock in the price.

Wow that’s almost double. Wasn’t it $6600 upgrade EAP -> FSD? Now $11700 ouch. Glad I bought my FSD for $10,500 with my MYP early this year. It’s really not worth that much yet, but who knows it has increased my resale value. Hope my cybertruck FSD price is locked in, should be as thats what it said on the reservation screen to lock in the price.
Ours was CDN$6600 for EAP in 2018, $2700 to get FSD in March 2019 ( only for a couple weeks, I believe ) As you said, hope Cybertruck FSD is locked in.

If FSD final is released and your car is out of warranty but has FSD problems, will Tesla goodwill repairs?
The question is unanswerable.

It is likely to be years before FSD (non-beta) is available. Tesla could have a new CEO or even new owners by then.

If an owner’s problem with any product is minor (e.g., costing less than 1% of the current value of the product to repair), a manufacturer might decide to offer goodwill. If it is significant (e.g., costing 50% of the current value of the product to repair), a manufacturer is less likely to offer goodwill.

Any manufacturer’s “goodwill” repair is discretionary. It might or might not do it. It might do it in some circumstances (e.g., this is a loyal repeat buyer of new products) and not in different circumstances (e.g., this person has bought only one highly used product from a private seller).

As far as I am concerned (driving a 2016 Model S 90D) Tesla can shove their cars where the sun doesn't shine. Compared to my 2016 Model S:
- EAP on AP1 works better (i.e. more reliably for the supported features) then the current implementation and was basically free
- EAP for close to $8k and "FSD" for $19k - never. I may be a fool, but not of that magnitude
- No more sunroof
- No more real leather seats
- "Stalk-less" wheel or yoke on the current Model S is an ergonomic nightmare
- Battery warranty now comes with a kilometer limitation
- No more free supercharging
- Service compared to 2016... let's not go there

On the plus side, I can now play Witcher3 on the car and have a few kilometers more range. Sorry, that does not work for me. If my beloved Model S should be totaled, I would buy another brand - definitely not another Tesla. Other brands are much more competitive now compared to back then and the antiques of Mr. Musk do not help, at least not for me.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus