Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price Increase by $2,000 on 26 OCT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If FSD is something that you'll ultimately want and you plan on keeping your current car for longer than ~three years, I think you'll regret not doing it now.

That said, if I lived in Hawaii, I would probably skip FSD since the use case is pretty limited and total miles traveled per year is probably very low compared to elsewhere in the US. It ultimately depends on the value you see in FSD.

I like actually driving my car. The last thing I want to do in it is talk on the phone or sleep, there are way better places to do that. I also don't want other people in my car, even the back seat (that includes my children but hey they're family and I can't seem to give them away). I've been unimpressed with all the betas, and the delays, and the rhetoric. But I guess that's just me. All of my neighbors hire people to mow their lawn too while I like the exercise of mowing it myself. What's the goal here, just live stationary in a cocoon while life passes you by and you turn into a pumpkin? Do you really have so little free time that you can't drive somewhere yourself? What super important things are you doing? Are you Elon Musk?

If FSD followed the owner instead of the car, and if I had any intention of moving back to the mainland where I could drive more than a few miles in a single direction, I still wouldn't consider it based on price alone. I cannot justify spending so much money for a feature that I would probably never use. Like DrSmile, I actually enjoy driving my M3, and I see no value added by FSD, especially since I have no intention of letting strangers ride in my car. If I'm in bumper-to-bumper traffic, Autopilot works just fine for me, and I don't like handing over too much control to a machine. I've seen too many Terminator movies to fully trust them!

If someone in Hawaii gets the update it would be cool if they would offer a demonstration.

I’m lucky enough to be chosen for the FSD limited beta release! Follow @alohatesla on Twitter or IG for video footage. Doing an island drive this weekend to test it out. Definitely nervous trying it for 1st time last night, but it’s yet another game changer for Tesla!

I’m lucky enough to be chosen for the FSD limited beta release! Follow @alohatesla on Twitter or IG for video footage. Doing an island drive this weekend to test it out. Definitely nervous trying it for 1st time last night, but it’s yet another game changer for Tesla!

Ho you lucky buggah! Yeah I ended up buying the FSD, but was not chosen for the beta. I didn't think I would be though.

Elon mentioned on the Q3 call this week that they are considering it (FSD stays with the buyer). Don't hold your breath though. It's an easy profit maker for Tesla

Better profit maker for those looking to upgrade cars. No way would I buy FSD as I will not have my car that long and would buy it if I could move it from car to car. This gives great incentive to buy new cars and for upgrades to the Tesla used car market.