Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price increase in Nov? More updates must be on the way soon ..?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently on 12.2.2 and I don't see enough actual FSD progress to raise the price by $1000. Have not tried smart summon since 12.1, and I am scared to try it in a public lot since it tried to drive through my yard. Other than lane departure and visualization changes Version 10 so far has been very light on actual FSD improvement.

What this says to me is that FSD owners should be seeing some additional features very soon beyond entertainment and easter eggs.

Surely then in the coming week or two we will see NOA focused updates? NOA city driving? Stop sign and stop light recognition? Better summon?

I am currently on 12.2.2 and I don't see enough actual FSD progress to raise the price by $1000. Have not tried smart summon since 12.1, and I am scared to try it in a public lot since it tried to drive through my yard. Other than lane departure and visualization changes Version 10 so far has been very light on actual FSD improvement.

What this says to me is that FSD owners should be seeing some additional features very soon beyond entertainment and easter eggs.

Surely then in the coming week or two we will see NOA focused updates? NOA city driving? Stop sign and stop light recognition? Better summon?

Here's what we know so far based on recent tweets from Elon:
- "silky smooth" update to Smart Summon coming in a couple weeks.
- Driver display will add traffic cones visualization.
- FSD computer upgrade a few months away.
- Traffic light response and automatic city driving tied to FSD computer upgrade, so also probably a few months away as well.

As always, take any dates from Elon with a grain of salt, but it should at least give us a general idea of what is on the horizon.

If the objective is to maximize cash flow, I wonder whether it's best to divide FSD into current and upcoming features and sell them separately. The take rate will increase on current features but will fall on the future.

Here's what we know so far based on recent tweets from Elon:
- "silky smooth" update to Smart Summon coming in a couple weeks.
- Driver display will add traffic cones visualization.
- FSD computer upgrade a few months away.
- Traffic light response and automatic city driving tied to FSD computer upgrade, so also probably a few months away as well.

As always, take any dates from Elon with a grain of salt, but it should at least give us a general idea of what is on the horizon.
That would all be nice. I am still remotely hoping I will get my 3.0 Hardware upgrade tomorrow when I take the MS in to get the yellow screen fix.

Traffic cone visualization appeared one day on my MS before V10 without upgrade notification or download. I tried a few times to explain it but no one else seemed to have it. The reverse camera shows a cone and sensor icon in the lower left. If you touch it you get a birds eye view of the car (visualized) with obstacles and their proximity displayed around it. Is that what you mean?

Traffic cone visualization appeared one day on my MS before V10 without upgrade notification or download. I tried a few times to explain it but no one else seemed to have it. The reverse camera shows a cone and sensor icon in the lower left. If you touch it you get a birds eye view of the car (visualized) with obstacles and their proximity displayed around it. Is that what you mean?

No. I have not seen or heard of anything like that. As far as I know, nobody has traffic cone visualization yet. If I touch the driver visualization, it zooms out to a bird's eye view around my car but it does not show traffic cones or obstacles or distance. Maybe you somehow got a preview of something Tesla was testing?

No. I have not seen or heard of anything like that. As far as I know, nobody has traffic cone visualization yet. If I touch the driver visualization, it zooms out to a bird's eye view around my car but it does not show traffic cones or obstacles or distance. Maybe you somehow got a preview of something Tesla was testing?

To be clearer it does not show the obstacle but does alert to, and show distance of any objects around the entire car. It is a safer way to backup than using the rear camera. I still have trouble watching a screen to navigate in reverse, but ultimately it is probably the safest way.

To be clearer it does not show the obstacle but does alert to, and show distance of any objects around the entire car. It is a safer way to backup than using the rear camera. I still have trouble watching a screen to navigate in reverse, but ultimately it is probably the safest way.

Are you talking about the colored arcs around the car in the display when the ultrasonics pick up an obstacle? That's what we have.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Yes, I think so.
With all the small 32.x releases coming out, I wonder if they are working on another major update (major feature release) to come out soon.

We just got V10, and are now seeing minor changes to that, basically bug fixes, usability fixes, and adding capabilities held back from the initial v10 OTA.

Next big increment is V11, which is probably in Q1.

Meanwhile, you'll continue to see OTAs are roughly monthly intervals.

You think we will get V11 so soon? That seems unlikely to me. Usually, it's at least a or two year between big number versions. I would imagine any big updates in Q1 would still be a part of V10.

Six months seems about right, IMHO, so V11 late in Q1. Also remember V10 ran at least 3 months late because of Smart Summon.

The major overdue change is for Tesla to create an OTA build that uses the HW3 computer, and in most software engineering environments that'd be considered a major change, even if it has minimal functionality impact.

Reactions: diplomat33
Six months seems about right, IMHO, so V11 late in Q1. Also remember V10 ran at least 3 months late because of Smart Summon.

The major overdue change is for Tesla to create an OTA build that uses the HW3 computer, and in most software engineering environments that'd be considered a major change, even if it has minimal functionality impact.

Good point! Thanks.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia