Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price Rise Soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As has been widely reported, Tesla have said they will raise the price of FSD 1st July 2020.

Last night, I bought 6 x TSLA shares in lieu purchasing FSD.
The six shares cost me just under AU$8,500, which is the current cost of FSD in Australia.

I just don't think I'm ready for FSD just yet, but the fear of missing out got to me. This way I'll get it when it's ready, and I'm ready. Maybe not for this car, but hopefully when I trade up to my next Tesla at the latest.
I think Tesla have an exciting product line up [cars, batteries, solar, energy plays] and a great vision that the price of Tesla shares will rise in line (or even faster) then the FSD rise.
The shares have gained 5% increase already. ;) [Yes, I wish I bought in March... :oops:]
If Elon believes the value of FSB could be US$100,000... then the share price will go along for the [roller coaster] ride, IMHO.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide and paulp
That’s not a very useful comment. Can you elaborate a little more please.
If I haven’t explained my strategy very well, I’m happy to elaborate.
I am referring to suckers.

In this case, people who Elon is able to convince to give the company interest free loans for features that do not, and likely will not, exist. Certainly not during their current ownership period and most likely never at all.

$10,100! [scoff] My 2017 X came with no AP ... I paid a total of $11,100 for EAP & FSD!

We paid $8,500 for EAP and now just $3,200 for FSD...so a total of $11,700.....kinda feels like we have been ripped off but I do hope Tesla get their act together and upgrade our HW2.5 cars to HW3.0 and soon....it would be a bitter pill to swallow if HW4.0 comes out and it isn't compatible with HW2.5 cars and we've paid all these $'s for a still yet to be upgraded car that when it is upgraded is already outdated.....

Last edited:
Reactions: ARMARM and Icey
I just can't see that much value in it. Even if it was level 5 today, it offers maybe $2000 worth of convenience to me. I enjoy driving, and basic AP already handles the boring stuff pretty well. The only real use case I can think of for myself is if I wanted to do a long overnight drive and wanted to sleep on the way. I don't see that happening in my current car. Maaaayybe my next one.

Reactions: Amphead and moa999