Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD problem a mapping error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD Beta 10.5 is no different than 10.4 for me as far as making turns. In this example I get notified of a left turn coming up in less than a mile but the car changes to the far right lane. As I get closer it continues to stay in the right lane for no apparent reason. Then when its getting tight to get to the left lane it wants to cut accross multiple lanes to get to the correct lane at last minute.

There was no reason it could not have been in the correct lane 2 miles before the turn. It always seems to be wanting to change to the incorrect lane. When I look at the GPA map it does show the blue line on the far right and I am not sure if thats the path it wanted to follow which is obviously wrong. I ended turning FSD off, changing to the correct lane manually and sending a report.

Below is the image of the intersection.

Attachments

• 1L.png
    1L.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 293
  • 1L.png
    1L.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 42
  • Informative
Reactions: alexgr
See this thread.

In that thread post how the map looks in TomTom.

FSD Beta 10.5 is no different than 10.4 for me as far as making turns. In this example I get notified of a left turn coming up in less than a mile but the car changes to the far right lane. As I get closer it continues to stay in the right lane for no apparent reason. Then when its getting tight to get to the left lane it wants to cut accross multiple lanes to get to the correct lane at last minute.

There was no reason it could not have been in the correct lane 2 miles before the turn. It always seems to be wanting to change to the incorrect lane. When I look at the GPA map it does show the blue line on the far right and I am not sure if thats the path it wanted to follow which is obviously wrong. I ended turning FSD off, changing to the correct lane manually and sending a report.

Interesting. I also saw this strange behavior going to the wrong lane less than 1/4 mile before the turn. Maybe Tesla needs a vision-based map auto-correction...

I totally agree. Same problem with 10.6. Wish FSD can "sync" with the map accordingly. I was driving 9n one lane road. When it sees a "right lane" at traffic light which is for right turn only, it decides to move over! I need going straight. Crazy! Still a long way to go.