Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD promises missed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so Tesla didn't promise anything.

Well, their CEO did... but he misses promised deadlines all the time so no shock.... (remember- the stoplight/stopsign stuff was supposed to be released end of 2019- they literally promised that DURING THE PURCHASE process for FSD in 2019)

Elon Musk on Twitter

Elon Musk March 4 on Twitter said:
Cool, we’re tracking to release more FSD features later this month

o_O A hacker releasing parts of non-public release notes is now a promise to release a feature by the end of March? Um, no. o_O
You should read this link instead of arguing about my choice of the word promise. In this article regarding FSD, it says this is being pushed out now to EAP participants. So apparently it isn't, since 12.5, for EAP, doesn't seem to include these FSD additions.

o_O A hacker releasing parts of non-public release notes is now a promise to release a feature by the end of March? Um, no. o_O

I guess you missed this question earlier?

Were the

"Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs"

and

"Automatic driving on city streets"

features, listed as "coming later this year" during 2019 purchases of FSD, ALSO "not a promise" somehow?

because that didn't happen either.

I like it when Tesla releases features that should have been there in the first place, and all the sheep praise Elon and bow down.

Well, that’s the difference between someone that understands the challenges behind innovation and development, and someone that has no tolerance for missed targets.

People and companies miss deadlines all the time.
If the reasons behind it are valid, most rational people give latitude.

Not sure what you do for a living, but I’m pretty sure you’ve missed deadlines or commitments before. We all have.
If it was missed for altruistic reasons, most people are accommodating.

If everyone who bought anything had your tolerance levels for missed targets, our society would be just miserable. :)

I guess you missed this question earlier?

Were the

"Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs"

and

"Automatic driving on city streets"

features, listed as "coming later this year" during 2019 purchases of FSD, ALSO "not a promise" somehow?

because that didn't happen either.

Didn't miss it, but it wasn't relevant to the conversation so I ignored it. (The conversation was about a "promise to deliver a feature at the end of March, 2020.")

• Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
You should read this link instead of arguing about my choice of the word promise. In this article regarding FSD, it says this is being pushed out now to EAP participants. So apparently it isn't, since 12.5, for EAP, doesn't seem to include these FSD additions.

Apparently you have never heard of multiple branches of development. Different versions have different feature sets. (Or the same version can have different features turned on for different participants.)

• Informative
Reactions: linux-works
Didn't miss it, but it wasn't relevant to the conversation so I ignored it. (The conversation was about a "promise to deliver a feature at the end of March, 2020.")

Yes.

The same feature they had already promised to deliver by Dec 31, 2019.

And failed to deliver.

So...pretty relevant.

Also relevant to debunking this claim of yours:

Again, the conversation was only about their claim that Tesla promised more FSD features would be released at the end of March. (Which they did not.)

Well, no it wasn't.

I even quoted you, wrongly, claiming Tesla "didn't promise anything"

They certainly did. By end of 2019.

And failed to deliver it.

Then at the start of March Elon suggested they were now tracking to get one small part of the 2019 promise released by end of March.

Which also didn't happen.

You can keep disagreeing with posts pointing these facts out, but it won't make you less wrong.

Well, no it wasn't.

I even quoted you, wrongly, claiming Tesla "didn't promise anything"

Try actually looking at the conversation rather than pulling one post out of context:

While this dashcam viewer is useful, I was looking forward to FSD features promised for the end of March. Unless that's also included in this update, I'll be disappointed.

Where did Tesla promise FSD features at the end of March?

It was posted previously by an early access participant, who had said it would automatically stop at lights and stop signs. Sorry I don't have the link.

• Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
Try actually looking at the conversation rather than pulling one post out of context:

Except, again, they DID promise stuff. For end of 2019.

When THAT promise was broken, people kept bugging Elon about when they'd finally keep at least SOME of the promise.

He tweeted in early march that they were tracking to fulfil SOME of last years promise by end of March.

That didn't happen either

So when you said Tesla didn't promise anything- they certainly did. Last year even. Didn't make it. And didn't make the date they later said they were tracking to late-but-never keep PART of that promise either.

Not clear where you keep getting lost.