Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD question; ownership transfer question; and good price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My husband and I are looking at a Model 3 and we had two questions:

1) We have driven teslas before and normally to start the autopilot or FSD when driving on the highway you click down on the right stalk 2x. We did this, but it just activated cruise control. The software screen said "Full Self Driving Computer", however neither autopilot nor FSD popped on. My understanding was the car came automatically with autopilot. Does this one not have either? Any insight would be great. As a disclaimer, this car was held by a dealership who didn't know a ton about Tesla and they didn't have it hooked up to any sort of account. Could this be the issue?
2) The dealer bought it from an individual and we're wondering how we get the app to recognize us as the owners. I have read some things online saying you have to contact Tesla tech department and then show them your registration. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Also as a side note, we're looking at a 2019 Gray Model 3 with 34k miles and possibly FSD. Is $41,500 a good price? We're located in Spokane, WA so not a ton of options around.

Thanks in advance!!

My husband and I are looking at a Model 3 and we had two questions:

1) We have driven teslas before and normally to start the autopilot or FSD when driving on the highway you click down on the right stalk 2x. We did this, but it just activated cruise control. The software screen said "Full Self Driving Computer", however neither autopilot nor FSD popped on. My understanding was the car came automatically with autopilot. Does this one not have either? Any insight would be great. As a disclaimer, this car was held by a dealership who didn't know a ton about Tesla and they didn't have it hooked up to any sort of account. Could this be the issue?
2) The dealer bought it from an individual and we're wondering how we get the app to recognize us as the owners. I have read some things online saying you have to contact Tesla tech department and then show them your registration. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Also as a side note, we're looking at a 2019 Gray Model 3 with 34k miles and possibly FSD. Is $41,500 a good price? We're located in Spokane, WA so not a ton of options around.

Thanks in advance!!
1) This is your best guide on how to engage it - Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

2) Create an account on tesla.com, then add your vehicle by adding your car registration info. You should then be able to sync the app to your account profile.

As far as your side note, it depends on which trim level it has and whether it does in fact have a transferable FSD package. At a quick glance, it does appear to be a fair price and comparable to market value (base trim model). If it happens to be a model above base trim + FSD package, that's a great deal. That being said, if you are not pressed for time and can afford to raise your budget by $10k, you could order a brand new 2022 base model to get a better return on your investment.

Upvote 0