Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD removal easy before final payment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
Have a model y rwd with $6k fsd pre-ordered. Debating about keeping the fsd or not when I actually take payment. How hard would it be to remove that item?
Also, IF rwd goes down in price, I assume if they give me the new price, I won't get to keep my $6k fsd?

Hi everyone,
Have a model y rwd with $6k fsd pre-ordered. Debating about keeping the fsd or not when I actually take payment. How hard would it be to remove that item?
Also, IF rwd goes down in price, I assume if they give me the new price, I won't get to keep my $6k fsd?

I have no idea why would you want to refuse a lower price tag of $6,000 FSD when that price tag is now worth $10,000. Why would you want to give up $4,000 reduction?

If you make any change to the configuration your vehicle is re-priced with the then current prices. That applies to applying new lower prices on your car as well. So if RWD becomes cheaper, to take advantage of it your FSD would be re-priced to $10k. (Likely negating any reduction in price to the car.)

Reactions: Picasso
Seeing fsd videos makes me think I may not use it as much. Seems like a lot of faith to put on beta software

I would hesitate to pay a beta product at $10,000 but at $6,000, I think it's reasonable.

It's not perfect but once I know what works and what doesn't, it's very enjoyable.

I love the Auto Lane Change feature. For me, it's been very safe and it works at any speed even in stop-and-go situation and high speed or even in the city.

I also enjoy the Auto Exit feature because I often missed exits when I was occupied either with thinking on my own or talking on the phone or with my passengers.

But of course, if you are not a beta type, it may not be for you at any price.

I would hesitate to pay a beta product at $10,000 but at $6,000, I think it's reasonable.

It's not perfect but once I know what works and what doesn't, it's very enjoyable.

I love the Auto Lane Change feature. For me, it's been very safe and it works at any speed even in stop-and-go situation and high speed or even in the city.

I also enjoy the Auto Exit feature because I often missed exits when I was occupied either with thinking on my own or talking on the phone or with my passengers.

But of course, if you are not a beta type, it may not be for you at any price.
Also, wondering if fsd would be a bit better for us in California as there would be a rich set of neural net data