Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD removed and no software updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. New to the Forum. 2020 MX. My FSD was removed because of a bunch of red warnings during a 10 mile stretch during a trip from Vail to Tahoe and back. I wasn’t doing or driving any differently so I have no explanation of the penalty. . So now I have no FSD. The message says it will be restored on the next software update. But, I’m way behind on all the other software updates. I think the current version is 2022.24 and I’m on 2022.12. Is there a way to opt out of FSD so at least get software updates? Or is there a way to get the updates while I’m waiting to get out of FSD jail? Thanks in advance for your help.

You mean FSD Beta,

And like the rest of us on FSD Beta, we are also stuck on 2022.12.

If and when you get it back, please be attentive - those red warnings exist because no hands were detected on the steering wheel during a time of higher than normal risk, or when there are cones present.

If you want to quit FSD Beta, just email [email protected]

Hi. New to the Forum. 2020 MX. My FSD was removed because of a bunch of red warnings during a 10 mile stretch during a trip from Vail to Tahoe and back. I wasn’t doing or driving any differently so I have no explanation of the penalty. . So now I have no FSD. The message says it will be restored on the next software update. But, I’m way behind on all the other software updates. I think the current version is 2022.24 and I’m on 2022.12. Is there a way to opt out of FSD so at least get software updates? Or is there a way to get the updates while I’m waiting to get out of FSD jail? Thanks in advance for your help.
Your not the only one I have a model x 2020 and I got no warnings and all the sudden I got the red steering alert I asked fsd beata to look at logs nothing in return ..it’s a known issue and I had my hands on the steering wheel but the road was straight for along time so it was seeing no movement is my theory .. There’s absolutely nothing you can do except for go back on the safety score and try again

Your not the only one I have a model x 2020 and I got no warnings and all the sudden I got the red steering alert I asked fsd beata to look at logs nothing in return ..it’s a known issue and I had my hands on the steering wheel but the road was straight for along time so it was seeing no movement is my theory .. There’s absolutely nothing you can do except for go back on the safety score and try again
That has been an issue on Teslas well before FSD. If you are not at least making some slight movement occasionally the sensor will think your hands are off.

Reactions: Bacalao