Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD removed from My Account page at Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else experienced this? I have been a model 3 owner since April. I purchased FSD at time of original purchase. It always showed up as a purchased option on my vehicle page in my account at tesla.com. Today it is no longer there. No sure what it means given the recent announcement of FSD not being available for purchase anymore.

To me, FSD was always an insurance policy for the future. Would not be happy to have it merely refunded. Anyone else seeing this on their vehicle page?

If they are going to refund everyone that purchased it, is that legal? To tell people, our bad, you’ll need to pay $5K down the road (but here’s your $3K back).

Not sure how that works. And of course if they don’t refund it, that’s even more illegal. Lol.

I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Tesla often has issues when it's changing things. For example, a few weeks ago lots of people got either a notice that they now have free supercharging or saw charges adding up while supercharging. Both with cars that had free supercharging. This was resolved later on.

Most likely this is just a glitch and will be fixed.

It seems that they are rethinking FSD, and I don’t think anyone has any idea what the plans are. We have two Model 3’s ... one with FSD and one without. Neither shows FSD in the list of options, but our non-FSD car still gives me the option of adding it for $5K, while my FSD car does not.

If they were to refund FSD, it would be because they have given up on FSD and realized the current hardware is not sufficient.

But I think Musk is too stubborn to give up.

I don't think they can simply refund it because its a class action lawsuit waiting to happen if it is. There has to be some compensation on top of the refund, because its then simply a $3000 loan we provided them all this time (which we knew it was mostly), but considering that a number of us financed our cars, there really was an interest component to that FSD loan.

I don't think they can simply refund it because its a class action lawsuit waiting to happen if it is. There has to be some compensation on top of the refund, because its then simply a $3000 loan we provided them all this time (which we knew it was mostly), but considering that a number of us financed our cars, there really was an interest component to that FSD loan.
I suspect many bought the Model 3 in part because Tesla claimed it would eventually support FSD. I bought the car with the expectation that it would support FSD at some point. To satisfy me, Tesla would need to upgrade my Model 3 to FSD or swap it with a FSD capable vehicle.

Last edited:
I suspect many bought the Model 3 in part because Tesla claimed it would eventually support FSD. I bought the car with the expectation that it would support FSD at some point. To satisfy me, Tesla would need to upgrade my Model 3 to FSD or swap it with a FSD capable vehicle.
careful there. AP V1 had a lot of similar claims that never happened. no upgrades or refunds happened.

I would not read anything into this. Tesla makes tweaks to the website all the time and stuff like this happens. Nothing has changed regarding FSD. Our FSD enabled car shows no available upgrades just like it always did. It just doesn’t show the feature on the website. I’m sure it is just a temporary glitch.

I purchased FSD a few months after getting my Model 3 and used to show on my account, but I just noticed it's missing on mine now too. Yet it still shows I got EAP. And trying to contact Tesla about this is near impossible.
I noticed the same. I'm going to give it a while and then contact Tesla. It isn't like it gives more functionality for me right now.