Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Request button goes live tonight!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m pretty sure there will lawsuits on this release. People paid money for a vehicle feature and not getting the beta version. Either Tesla releases to everyone who purchased it or have a paid employee team do the testing of the beta only.

Got 97% my first drive...two incidents...first was me outthinking the process...was driving 45 speed limit and light changed ahead...could have made it easily on te yellow but decided to slow down and stop for it (no cars behind me). Didn‘t seem very aggressive (dog didn’t slide off the seat next to me :)). Also did a uturn and accelerated as normal out of the turn. Guess the Stealth and performance owners need to be easier on the pedal :). No big deal, just 5 more days in ”The week of driving safely” :). Never had an accident in 50 years of driving so should be fun.

Picked up my Plaid from Tesla on 9/20 and took it straight to Alset for PPF & ceramic coating. Didn’t even get a chance to name it. Had them connect it to WiFi this morning. Installing .22 now
1BEA11A0-CD61-4F7F-9C6D-B41E7C4A26AA.jpeg

Guess I won’t be getting the beta. Anyone try driving on 19th Avenue in San Francisco without close following?

I have no idea where the aggressive turning comes from unless it’s the ramp from one freeway to another that’s a 90 degree turn at high speed. Or it could be the downhill 45 mile limit turn into my neighborhood. If I slow down for that, I’ll get rear-ended.

BE1B4E95-F77F-4909-8F3D-271C8BCBF394.jpeg 2DD805E4-03CD-48FD-A7A1-4CE8A65BF71D.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for your opinion. Just got back from a 90 minute drive on the interstate and documented one phantom hard braking at an entrance ramp. Yes that incident was scored! A number of people claim that AP is not scored but yet I see many cases where it is on the highway. Maybe it doesn't when using AP at lower speeds. More experience will tell.

I also got dinged for a number of follow too close and while my distance is set to 5 seconds, the calculator scored me on that while in AP at 65 speed limit and I believe these events occurred when a speeding car cut in right in front of me and TACC began to slow to increase the distance. I never have either of these events in this test drive while driving in manual mode going to and from the interstate, about 1.5 miles.
I have had the same thing - clear scoring of AP hard braking event and following too close. No question about it as this segment of my trip was just like yours - easy on/off ramps cutting the drive to exclusively the AP segment.

I have early warning set for the collision warning option…usually get something for a car turning off the road half a block ahead that way but always felt it was safer. Just got dinged from 98% down to 92% based on 1 occurrence of that so I set it back to normal warning level. Not sure if that changes anything but making the feature more dangerous but will see. It is miles based so guess I can get out on I75 here in Florida and put some miles on the car…yeah, that is a safe decision 😬

I drive pretty mellow around town but somehow it dinged me to 88% for 32.0avg Forward Collision Warning and 0.3% Hard Braking, but no warning ever occurred. I don't think I even used my brakes. It's very hilly local roads, and I'm good at anticipating stops, esp in warm weather. Sometimes I go around turning cars, but only if there's space. Ah, well. It's not like I'm going to trust FSD any more than Autopilot anytime soon anyway.

Guess I won’t be getting the beta. Anyone try driving on 19th Avenue in San Francisco without close following?

I have no idea where the aggressive turning comes from unless it’s the ramp from one freeway to another that’s a 90 degree turn at high speed. Or it could be the downhill 45 mile limit turn into my neighborhood. If I slow down for that, I’ll get rear-ended.

View attachment 714960 View attachment 715033
I'm still unsure whether "unsafe following" is taken into account when going under 50mph, but yeah.. driving on 19th at 50+ mph will be hard while trying to leave 10 car lengths in front of you.

Has anyone using Android seen any indication of their Safety Score? I'm up to date on the app and pushed the right buttons following the car software update but see nothing in the app.
I am in the same boat after 3 days! I updated to latest android app (ver 4.0.2-657) and pressed "the button" (and consented) to apply for FSD beta. Really don't want to "side-load" a hack just to see my safety score. I'm also wondering if there is a minimum number of miles ee need to drive in this 7 day window to get a score?

I am in the same boat after 3 days! I updated to latest android app (ver 4.0.2-657) and pressed "the button" (and consented) to apply for FSD beta. Really don't want to "side-load" a hack just to see my safety score. I'm also wondering if there is a minimum number of miles ee need to drive in this 7 day window to get a score?
You need the latest app which is 4.1.0-663 to see your score after driving a minimum of .1 miles. The IOS app was updated about three days ago, I suppose the Android version will be in the Google Play store in the next few days or so.

I'm also wondering if there is a minimum number of miles ee need to drive in this 7 day window to get a score?
Welcome to the forum! That‘s the great mystery, I would assume so but Tesla has not published this stat. Similarly to the minimum score needed, it might well be based on the number of public beta drivers Tesla wants in this first round. I guess we’ll find out soon!

Got back from a local route around the city, about 15 miles of all types of streets and I activated AP 8 times. I had several interventions as follows:

1. A 6 wheel truck pulled out in front of me and I had to hit the brakes. He was making a left turn into my lane from a stop sign.
2. I had 6 speed bumps while in AP going posted speed limit of 35 and 40 mph. Tesla AP does not yet detect speed bumps even though mine are well marked and posted yellow 15 mph. I had to tap the brake to allow regen braking to slow me to 15mph.
3. Nearing home a motorcycle pulled out from a gas station and I slammed on the brakes to prevent hitting him. He saw me and gave me the middle finger. I followed him for another block and I lost him while stopped at a red light. he ran the red light during a short break in the cross traffic.

I thought sure I was going to score low but this is what I got:

View attachment 714286

The update to the safe driver score in the app only showed up after I ended my drive and exited the car. I rebooted the Tesla app and it was there. Lots of great data in that app. I like it!

Only thing I changed in my original settings was follow distance to 5. I had it set for 3 before.
show off

It's next to impossible to get 100% driving in Los Angeles rush hour traffic. There's no way to leave 6+ car lengths of space without it being filled. I had my AP follow distance set to 5, but increased it to 7, and it still seems to follow closer than I do when I got dinged for following too close. AP also brakes much harder than I do, especially when it sees that invisible unicorn again. I think Tesla own Safety Score system would easily fail it's own AP because it follows too close and brakes too hard. The AP would not qualify for its own beta upgrade!

Heard the beta release might not go out until next Friday…so, do we get tested an extra week also? Been working my way back up from 92 to 98 today but still got a too aggressive a turn and a too fast braking today. No idea on the turn but guess I’ll quit driving in rush hour traffic…too much swinging in front of you and then braking.

Picked up my Plaid from Tesla on 9/20 and took it straight to Alset for PPF & ceramic coating. Didn’t even get a chance to name it. Had them connect it to WiFi this morning. Installing .22 now
View attachment 714940
I took my MY there straight from the dealership at the end of June. super happy with the work they did. As the delivery date is very wonky they were very accommodating!

Elon just confirmed,

FSD Beta request button goes live tonight, but FSD 10.1 needs another 24 hours of testing, so out tomorrow night

✌️
Its screwed for the people who dont have updates -they paid for FSD -but but wont get the beta FSD option -because there new Teslas are stuck on old non updating software, that beta Fsd option might only be available for 30 days- & they wont get it @ all - instead of constantly updating the .32 -they should work on updating the old software