Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD rewrite will go out on Oct 20 to limited beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD works perfectly well in the UK (and presumably the rest of the EU) - within limits.

FSD, however, is massively US centric. Lots of straight roads. FSD will take a long time to cope with the single track roads that make up 30% of the roads round here - 50 miles from London. Will it reverse to a lay-by?

Even the main roads connecting towns are single lane each way and can have 90 degree bends (or more), FSD doesn't even slow down.

I'm loving the FSD journey - that's why I got it. However it is FAR from being able to cope with anything over here that isn't a multi lane highway.

Nothing to do with the EU or UN.
Oi, we have twisty one laners but not on the middle of the states where Tesla is nearly an unknown word.

It seems that you've forgotten what your 2016(?) Red SP90D(L) - AP1 was actually capable of.
As someone who still owns an AP1 vehicle, let me tell you there is night and day functionality difference that has been introduced on FSD cars vs AP1.
The AP1 car will plow right through traffic lights, stop signs.
The AP1 car has a hard time detecting pedestrians as well (vs the FSD one)
The AP1 car still works decently well for highway lane keeping. But will not pass others automatically will not take exits, etc.

I've driven both systems. I've made a separate thread about this, but to sum it up the functionality NoA brings makes the wrong decision, or the correct decision but at the wrong time, with enough frequency to introduce a level of anxiety that persists even when it does make the right decision at the right time, thus rendering the whole system pointless for me. I drove AP1 for 30,000 miles and NoA for 10,000 miles, and at the end I had turned NoA off completely.

I also realize that the performance of NoA is very route dependent, so it's completely possible that some other people have had great experiences with NoA, but to be honest my commuting experience is a very very normal one.

Reactions: S0XY
Where are people keeping an eye out for leaks?

So far I've spotted a TMC thread where some folks confirm they've got it (perhaps sarcastically), but are mum about the details: Did you get the FSD beta update yet???

And a Reddit thread of bored investors: New FSD beta YouTube streamer mega thread. Post the streams here so we can commentate and discuss tonight and tomorrow : teslainvestorsclub

Let's be honest. If it was really that great and accurate they wouldn't be worried about leaks....... But no one wants to be a whistle blower when the release just sucks too much.....I really hope I am wrong

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life