Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD road trip vs flying?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If time were not an issue at all, even an overnight in a hotel, would you choose to drive FSD on a road trip from say Houston to Colorado vs. flying considering all the following frustrations of flying? Over an hour to get to airport, waiting for airport parking shuttle, waiting through TSLA lines, shlepping all the bags through all this, waiting to board, waiting on tarmac to take off, sitting cramped up during flight, waiting on tarmac to the gate, waiting to disembark, waiting on shuttle to rent car. My longest road trip so far (3 times) has been from south of Houston to North of Dallas which has been considerably more pleasurable with just
auto pilot than previous trips even in the Lexus.

If time were not an issue at all, even an overnight in a hotel, would you choose to drive FSD on a road trip from say Houston to Colorado vs. flying considering all the following frustrations of flying? Over an hour to get to airport, waiting for airport parking shuttle, waiting through TSLA lines, shlepping all the bags through all this, waiting to board, waiting on tarmac to take off, sitting cramped up during flight, waiting on tarmac to the gate, waiting to disembark, waiting on shuttle to rent car. My longest road trip so far (3 times) has been from south of Houston to North of Dallas which has been considerably more pleasurable with just
I dont know about driving. Houston to Denver is a 2 1/2 hour flight and nearly 15 hour drive. If youre traveling very leisurely then drive because FSD/AP makes the drive much easier and way less stressful. But if your time in Colorado there is finite as with most of us, then fly if money not an issue. Cost of airfares, rental cars and hotels are very high right now.

Reactions: RidgeRunner
1771B6EE-D897-49E2-9060-4CA288FAE5DE.jpeg
Well…..The MSP is really cool, but I’d rather fly.😜

Interesting question. Like a few in this thread, I fly privately for very long trips, like from Nevada to Tennessee. Now as oddly as this sounds, sometimes I prefer to drive that distance over a course of a week when I am not in a hurry as compared to flying, and it is a lot cheaper. I enjoy seeing new places, people, enjoying views from the ground close up, stopping at will, etc. I'll never fly commercial again unless it is out of reach of private plane which has yet to occur. Ok, I'm thinking about a trip to Korea, but I'm sure not going to sit in the cattle car department.

Reactions: sleepydoc