Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD still has to be requested?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a new Model S LR. After delivery, I added FSD. Wanted to pay for it separately to get credit card points. While all AP features are enabled, I still to ask to be put on the beta. Why is that? Is it not available to all now? Thanks.
They are 2 different products.

FSD has been used for years and it is more stable.

If you find stability is boring, you can ask for the optional FSD beta.

The act of asking for FSD beta implies that you know what you are getting into.

They are 2 different products.

FSD has been used for years and it is more stable.

If you find stability is boring, you can ask for the optional FSD beta.

The act of asking for FSD beta implies that you know what you are getting into.
Thanks and sorry. My question wasn’t clear. I understand the Basic AP, EAP and FSD differences. The X I just traded in had the FSD beta. I thought FSD enrolment was automatic or instantaneous now but on my new S, the only option is to request it. I’m on 2023.2.10. Is the beta not in wide release?

Last edited:
If you are not receiving due to the version issue, then at least I should receive it my car stuck at factory version 2022.44.100 since I bought it February and the current wide release of FSD is based on 2022.45.11 I checked it few mins ago and it says "You are up to date".
It can take several weeks for the car to update out of factory firmware. Checking for updates means nothing. Even though a newer version exists in the wild, your car will show “up to date” until Tesla decides to allow your car to update. There is no way to request a newer update or make your car update faster. Just have to wait patiently until Tesla decides to bestow it upon you.

Also new FSD beta enrollments have been paused due to the recall so you might be in limbo where your car would otherwise be eligible for an update, but they can’t deploy the software update to you since you do not already have FSD beta software currently installed.

but they can’t deploy the software update to you since you do not already have FSD beta software currently installed.
The only reason I waited to buy the car after the FSD beta wide release was : I thought I will get a car with FSD installed, it make no sense that tesla delivered me without FSD when I purchased the car with the FSD.... absolutely no good logic (I bought the car before the recall)

The only reason I waited to buy the car after the FSD beta wide release was : I thought I will get a car with FSD installed, it make no sense that tesla delivered me without FSD when I purchased the car with the FSD.... absolutely no good logic (I bought the car before the recall)
You purchase a car with FSD and you have FSD.

FSD beta is a separate product that requires opting in because it’s nowhere near finalized and ready for widespread public use. Beta users still need to be hyper vigilant and aware of what they are agreeing to and the risks involved.

Reactions: Ciaopec
You purchase a car with FSD and you have FSD.

FSD beta is a separate product that requires opting in because it’s nowhere near finalized and ready for widespread public use. Beta users still need to be hyper vigilant and aware of what they are agreeing to and the risks involved.
I understood, however on my car screen "Auto Steer" is also displayed as BETA and the option is still there to turn on or off, I was expecting same thing for FSD it should come pre-installed with the car that was purchased with it and provide a button to turn off or on (with off by default and it will be only turned on once the user agree the fact to be extra vigilant and give their consent).

I got my car in February and it’s had 2023.2.10 ever since. Pretty old Firmware. I figured it was because FSD was attached to an earlier firmware version.

I see 2023.7.5 is out and has the latest FSD beta build. Yet, I still haven’t received FSD.

Before you ask, I did purchase the option and request it in the car UI.

Any thoughts?

I got my car in February and it’s had 2023.2.10 ever since. Pretty old Firmware. I figured it was because FSD was attached to an earlier firmware version.

I see 2023.7.5 is out and has the latest FSD beta build. Yet, I still haven’t received FSD.

Any thoughts?
Nothing is wrong. 2023.7.5 has only barely rolled out, and most of us haven't gotten it. Prior to this, there was no FSD software available to you, being on a prior version (2022.45.15). Tesla will not roll cars back.

Any thoughts?
2023.7.5 doesn't seem to have gone wide release yet (ie, it has only been rolled out to a limited number of users.)