Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD subscription. Any predication when it will be available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When it's ready to ship.

My guess would be around the time the fsd rewrite goes ga and they raise the price to 10k+
Doubt it has much to do with shipping since it is just setting up a monthly (or whatever) subscription service to cut FSD on or off to the car. Tesla already has this with Premium Connectivity. I bet it is related to Enhanced Auto Pilot being offered now. Tesla is probably trying to sell as many of these before offering the FSD subscription since getting full FSD for $xxx a month will kill Enhanced Auto Pilot sales. A lot of people will probably regret buying EAP in a couple of months.

Doubt it has much to do with shipping since it is just setting up a monthly (or whatever) subscription service to cut FSD on or off to the car. Tesla already has this with Premium Connectivity. I bet it is related to Enhanced Auto Pilot being offered now. Tesla is probably trying to sell as many of these before offering the FSD subscription since getting full FSD for $xxx a month will kill Enhanced Auto Pilot sales. A lot of people will probably regret buying EAP in a couple of months.

The code for handling fsd subscription has existed for some time now per @greentheonly on twitter. I definitely don't see them turning this on before the end of the quarter and knee capping the push to get people to buy EAP.

The code for handling fsd subscription has existed for some time now per @greentheonly on twitter. I definitely don't see them turning this on before the end of the quarter and knee capping the push to get people to buy EAP.

Definitely agree with this. They want people to jump on EAP, so I am thinking end of next quarter is a solid prediction. No one knows anything, and the only thing we have to go off for a FSD subscription is a single tweet from Elon in June confirming it is in the works, but it will have be more economical to have bought FSD outright.

Isn't the quote from Elon “I think we will offer Full Self-Driving as a subscription service, but it will be probably towards the end of this year.”

Since EAP is on sale right now until the end of the month, I'd expect the subscription to drop anywhere between October and the end of the year. So not too long from now. And people who purchased EAP right now aren't exactly going to be screwed, as I would expect there to be a subscription charge equivalent to price of a EAP>FSD upgrade as well. I'd imagine that HW2.5 folks would have to either commit to a certain number of months for HW3.0, or pay out of pocket for the upgrade (which would still be better than the upfront price of EAD/FSD).

Isn't the quote from Elon “I think we will offer Full Self-Driving as a subscription service, but it will be probably towards the end of this year.”

Since EAP is on sale right now until the end of the month, I'd expect the subscription to drop anywhere between October and the end of the year. So not too long from now. And people who purchased EAP right now aren't exactly going to be screwed, as I would expect there to be a subscription charge equivalent to price of a EAP>FSD upgrade as well. I'd imagine that HW2.5 folks would have to either commit to a certain number of months for HW3.0, or pay out of pocket for the upgrade (which would still be better than the upfront price of EAD/FSD).

Here is a really good article I saw someone else link
Tesla is preparing to launch Full Self-Driving subscription, puts deadline on Enhanced Autopilot - Electrek

the subscription ? within Q4 so Tesla can juice 2020 FY revenues

FSD ? Who knows...

I frankly wouldn't subscribe to something which is still not ready (yet)

for e.g. speed sign recognition doesn't pick up school zone speed limit signs with the flashing lights when the lower posted speed limit is active... it ignores those yellow signs in Texas altogether. kinda a big issue.

also - my car randomly sees humans in parking lots or at traffic lights ... an issue if FSD slams on the brakes?