Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Subscription for $199/mo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting ready for another long road trip (2K+ miles) and for the first time in 3 years of ownership I’m thinking of ”renting” FSD. I own a 2022 PMY currently on SW 2022.44.25.3, will I get the FULL version of FSD same as someone paying $15K?

My plan is to subscribe a week before our departure so I can play with it but I understand after I initially subscribe I must request access to BETA and that can take a day or two to show up. Is that how that works.

Any tips our suggestions. Thanks in advance.

...will I get the FULL version of FSD same as someone paying $15K?...
Yes. This part should be instant or pretty quick.
...request access to BETA and that can take a day or two to show up. Is that how that works...
Since it is a "request," it's up to Tesla to dictate the terms. There's no guarantee on how fast the request will be approved.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Getting ready for another long road trip (2K+ miles) and for the first time in 3 years of ownership I’m thinking of ”renting” FSD. I own a 2022 PMY currently on SW 2022.44.25.3, will I get the FULL version of FSD same as someone paying $15K?

My plan is to subscribe a week before our departure so I can play with it but I understand after I initially subscribe I must request access to BETA and that can take a day or two to show up. Is that how that works.

Chances are that you should have FSD beta within a day or two. You might be automatically upgraded to the latest FSD software even without requesting beta access.

Whether you have FSD beta or not, for a long trip, you will likely be using Navigate On Autopilot on interstates the majority of your driving, meaning that you will have access to automatic lane changes, manually initated lane changes using the turn signals and automatic exiting onto other interstates to follow your route. FSD beta will only be active on surface streets and minor highways. That is, unless FSD beta V11 single stack is released before your trip!

You are also in danger of enjoying FSD, and FSD beta, and not want to give up your subscription at the end of your month. You've been warned!

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC

It’s not single stack yet, biggest difference you’ll see is auto lane changes and NoA which has a habit of making questionable choices.

I’d put my money towards snacks and water bottles for any homeless you may encounter on your trip.

One more question does basic AP see any improvements just by having FSD or FSD Beta installed or is that left alone? Specifically, I was wondering if any of the visuals are improved.
I didn’t notice any improvement in the highway AP visuals after I received FSD.

If basic AP is sufficient for you and don’t care about AP being able to do lane changes, I’d save the money.