Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD subscription price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any thoughts on after v10.1 or the fsd public beta button release, if 10k price will increase? and if so, would the $200 month subscription go up? or would we people be grandfathered in?

also, would people subscribed have access to v10.1 or the fsd public beta button?

any thoughts on after v10.1 or the fsd public beta button release, if 10k price will increase? and if so, would the $200 month subscription go up? or would we people be grandfathered in?

also, would people subscribed have access to v10.1 or the fsd public beta button?

The increase to $10,000 was based on the criteria:

1) Tesla would have 1 million Robotaxis without any drivers by the end of 2020.

2) That $10,000 investment would be a bargain because owners still continue getting paid as your Robotaxis keep picking up rides when you are not driving.

The rate of FSD buyers over time from Troy Teslike:

TroyTeslikeFSDrate.jpg

So how will a new FSD button change the current situation? Will that button prevent accidents so that humans won't have to drive anymore?

If the answer is yes, then I think there will be a price increase.

Will that button prevent accidents so that humans won't have to drive anymore?

We're so far from this scenario that we can't even imagine it. There's absolutely no way this happens in the next few years.

The answer is no, yet I'm 100% sure the price will increase.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
...would the $200 month subscription go up?...
I don't see why not. It's one payment that covers 1 month, not 1 payment that covers the whole 1 year or longer. You are grandfathered for the whole time that your payment is covered (currently it's 1 month).
or would we people be grandfathered in?
It's up to Tesla but it's not legally obligated to.

The original qualification for FSD beta is you need to be worthy of the Early Access Program.

Those who were not in the program were suddenly invited by Elon Musk's tweet which resulted in too many responses and that overwhelmed Tesla's intake system (Service Center, Call Center...)

Thus, he said not to call Tesla anymore because the "button" would appear instead.

So I assume the button will be public to both pre-paid owners and subscribers or otherwise people who won't have the button will start calling up again!

Reactions: Microterf
The increase to $10,000 was based on the criteria:

1) Tesla would have 1 million Robotaxis without any drivers by the end of 2020.

2) That $10,000 investment would be a bargain because owners still continue getting paid as your Robotaxis keep picking up rides when you are not driving.

The rate of FSD buyers over time from Troy Teslike:

View attachment 706559

So how will a new FSD button change the current situation? Will that button prevent accidents so that humans won't have to drive anymore?

it absolutely amazes me why Tesla didn't get sued by FSD buyers after that "Robotaxis by 2020" claim.

Reactions: Terminator857