Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD subscription - Q2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some rumoured pricing for FSD 'City Streets' and EAP 'Highways' subscription from a recent DirtyTesla video. Apparently, prices briefly appeared on Tesla website in code.
1622310888370.png

$99/month EAP 'Highways'
$199/month FSD 'City Streets'

I believe that a FSD price increase occurred recently or is pending which took the FSD/EAP differential even further than the 2:1 ratio suggested above. So it doesn't make complete sense. Also, no indication what happens if car is not FSD ready, ie no HW3. I guess EAP still works in that scenario.

If rumoured date of 3th June is true, we may soon find out.

Reactions: gangzoom
Some rumoured pricing for FSD 'City Streets' and EAP 'Highways' subscription from a recent DirtyTesla video. Apparently, prices briefly appeared on Tesla website in code.
View attachment 667635

$99/month EAP 'Highways'
$199/month FSD 'City Streets'

I believe that a FSD price increase occurred recently or is pending which took the FSD/EAP differential even further than the 2:1 ratio suggested above. So it doesn't make complete sense. Also, no indication what happens if car is not FSD ready, ie no HW3. I guess EAP still works in that scenario.

If rumoured date of 3th June is true, we may soon find out.

I cannot wait to see what V9 actually looks like. The performance from AP2.0 in late 2016 versus now has been pretty big, but the v8 FSD beta was another level, so v9 must be another step up again.

It's a shame we wouldn't see anything in the UK for another 12 months probably due to the necessary verification work.

Last edited:
Roll up, roll up ... bargains to be had ... (or not!)

Am not why people aren't more excited about this. What other car have you bought that will give access to the very cutting edge of AI development regardless of cost? Even with Waymo you need to travel to one city and be geo fenced to one area. The fact everyone with a Tesla can access and experience this tech first hand soon is the very definition of modern agile project management, personally I think its amazing and I cannot wait.

Reactions: pow216 and browellm
Am not why people aren't more excited about this. What other car have you bought that will give access to the very cutting edge of AI development regardless of cost? Even with Waymo you need to travel to one city and be geo fenced to one area. The fact everyone with a Tesla can access and experience this tech first hand soon is the very definition of modern agile project management, personally I think its amazing and I cannot wait.
Why? Because it's still massively over sold with false promises time and again. You talk of great improvements from 2016 but its only in recent years has it got back to parity to the AP1 system they were shipping in 2015. We've heard it all before from Musk, promise after promise after fake video after selectively chosen heavily edited footage etc. A few pretty graphics don't make for a self driving car.

If you get excited by being part of the development process, then fill your boots, The step change between where Tesla are even with the latest beta on limited distribution and the Waymo self driving taxi is vast, for one they've engaged with insurance, legislators etc to actually move to level 4 self driving. Tesla is still stuck on level 2 and they've declared they've not done a single mile above that.

With all due respect I don't think you have any idea what an agile development process is. Agile would not after nearly 5 years of development decide to throw away one of the main sensors and start again which is what Tesla have said they're doing.

Why? Because it's still massively over sold with false promises time and again. You talk of great improvements from 2016 but its only in recent years has it got back to parity to the AP1 system they were shipping in 2015. We've heard it all before from Musk, promise after promise after fake video after selectively chosen heavily edited footage etc. A few pretty graphics don't make for a self driving car.

If you get excited by being part of the development process, then fill your boots, The step change between where Tesla are even with the latest beta on limited distribution and the Waymo self driving taxi is vast, for one they've engaged with insurance, legislators etc to actually move to level 4 self driving. Tesla is still stuck on level 2 and they've declared they've not done a single mile above that.

With all due respect I don't think you have any idea what an agile development process is. Agile would not after nearly 5 years of development decide to throw away one of the main sensors and start again which is what Tesla have said they're doing.

Can you show me another car where you can even get close to what FSD beta is doing apart from Waymo?

As for agile development can you show me another car manufacturer who have been so active with developing their autonomous driving program?

No one is forcing anyone to pay or get FSD, so why do people get so angry at Tesla for trying to advance the state of the art?

If you don't like Tesla's approach to technology development there are plenty of other EVs you can buy now.

Reactions: pow216
Can you show me another car where you can even get close to what FSD beta is doing apart from Waymo?

As for agile development can you show me another car manufacturer who have been so active with developing their autonomous driving program?

No one is forcing anyone to pay or get FSD, so why do people get so angry at Tesla for trying to advance the state of the art?

If you don't like Tesla's approach to technology development there are plenty of other EVs you can buy now.
I'm sure there are several alternatives in development - Mobileye being the obvious example. The difference lies in waiting until it works as opposed to selling vapourware and getting folk to pay to be testers and risk takers.

You confuse public displays of developing software and agile and innovative technology development.

I can point to long lists of USEFUL technology developed by competitors that Tesla still don't have or have added very late

Mercedes developed a driver alert system using an internal camera back in 2009 - Tesla are only now talking about turning it on
Merc, Audi and BMW all introduced brake drying technology back in 2005 and its now standard on most cars, Tesla announced it in 2020
Merc introduced multistage brake light display including flashing under hard braking in 2006 - Tesla still don't do the full compliment
Head up displays first used in 1988 and increasingly common since 2003, benefits in exogenous saccadic gaze and the ideal field of vision provide material benefits - Tesla don't do it and if anything make it harder.
Adaptive headlights with dynamic beam pattern have been around since 2007 yet Tesla at best struggle with auto high beam.

The above are just a handful of automotive innovations that make a material difference to driving safety and Tesla either don't do or have introduced only recently. So which would you prefer? Technology developed and deployed that works, or living in a test tube whilst they try and debug stuff? You are seduced by the process of developing the tech and less about the results, because frankly, the results are only marginally better after all this time than what they were replacing. The recent changes of dropping the radar have reduced in the safety rating being stripped in the US. Your brilliant development lifecycle is leaving new owners with cars NOT AS SAFE as older cars Tesla made. How can that be construed as a benefit?

I'm sure there are several alternatives in development - Mobileye being the obvious example. The difference lies in waiting until it works as opposed to selling vapourware and getting folk to pay to be testers and risk takers.

Mobileye is even more vapourware than Tesla. Also how much retrospective support have they given people with AP1 hardware?

If you buy a Mobileye equipped car today, how futureproof is it?

I don't want to buy a new car everytime the software takes a stepfowards.

The above are just a handful of automotive innovations that make a material difference to driving safety and Tesla either don't do or have introduced only recently. So which would you prefer? Technology developed and deployed that works, or living in a test tube why they try and debug stuff?

I personally prefer the later, I cannot remember the last bit of tech I bought which didn't improve with software overtime, laptops, phones, even my cycling computer.

My wifes Lexus IS right now works just like the way it did in 2015......can you imagine if that rule was applied to any other bit of tech you own?? Seriously it Apple told you the phone/latop/iPad you bought today will NEVER gain functionality over time, but it works perfectly now as it is, would you actually be happy to buy that product?

Tesla isn't a car manufacturer, they are a tech company first, and I have no issues with them pushing out software that needs user input to refine.

Reactions: pow216
Mobileye is even more vapourware than Tesla. Also how much retrospective support have they given people with AP1 hardware?

If you buy a Mobileye equipped car today, how futureproof is it?

I don't want to buy a new car everytime the software takes a stepfowards.
Go out in a car with Mobileye eyeQ4 system, the version after that used for AP1 and then comment. You're now talking from an ignorant (in the dictionary definition, not as a derogative term) position.

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
I think the point being made is Tesla are making a big song and dance about FSD and have been for years now with not a vast amount of progress actually deployed in our cars over AP1, all much to your excitement, and yet there’s plenty of mature, well developed technology which could be in the cars but they’re ignoring.

What’s not been mentioned is if you look at the current software in cars in the U.K., NCAP rate the systems in other cars (which I think are Mobileye based) higher than Tesla. So you’re living the development process with all its downsides and the end result may not be much better than where the opposition are, except you’ll get it in an older car just before the battery expires and you change for a new car anyway.

If it ever turns into what I imagine true self driving to be (unfortunately we are nowhere near) then I would agree with you.

But you have to buy a new car if your current car has AP1 hardware.....you honestly think thats progress??

At least what you have works, won't be crippled periodically. As for updatable - well those guys with Teslas predating pillar cameras etc aren't going to get updated. There's a good chance that Tesla will find an excuse not to retrofit HW4 or HW5 and a bigger chance that you'll be selling the car bfeore FSD works well enough to call it that - without being able to carry any investment in FSD over.
My guess is that the competition will release progressive driver aids that work, and then one day offer a working FSD solution. They have learned the trick of limited OTA updates but they are also in the business of selling cars at assorted demographic price points whereas Tesla is selling a luxury promise at the highest price they can - and they've done a good job by seeding the market with SuC, figuring ways to minimise assembly by creating ever bigger unrepairable modules with minimal interiors (and selling that as a bonus) and playing the boy-toy card with acceleration figures and silly games and borroing the Apple approach o grandiose stage-managed anonouncements to stir up a fan base.
All power to Elon that it works - he conned me.

Reactions: Jez_GB
All power to Elon that it works - he conned me.

Absolutely and I would buy another Tesla tomorrow if funds allowed. Which leaves the question why did you guys buy into a company/brand whom you simply don't seem to understand?

Plenty of other EVs are available from traditional manufactures, Hyundia do EVs that are cheaper, more range, more reliable, mature feature set, so why did you even buy a Tesla in the first place?