Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD subscription question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

A newbie question:

I’m expecting my MYP next month (crossing my fingers) and didn’t get the FSD option. On the car detail it shows that I have an autopilot and my question is- is it $99 monthly or $199 for the FSD if I were to try it out for a month? I was reading some threads and it mentioned that if the car has enhanced autopilot then it’s $99 but if not then it’s $199. So how do you find out if my MYP will be equipped with enhanced autopilot?

Enhanced autopilot was an upgrade that was only available in the early stages of the MY; it hasn’t be offered for around a year and a half. So, anyone buying a new MY would need to pay $199 for the FSD subscription.

Reactions: Kkachi
Without the beta the big differences I noticed are auto lane Change and summon. My assumption is that this is why Tesla did away with enhanced autopilot; so that they could better differentiate FSD. Enhanced autopilot included lane change so how many people were willing to pay several thousand dollars more just to essentially add summon?

Reactions: Kkachi and Bp25
My big question....I'm in the beta, paying monthly. If I cancel the FSD subscription and resubscribe later, do I have to go back through the safety score process to get back in? (and...they haven't even added anybody to the beta in the US since Christmas which is scary)

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Musk said at the cyber rodeo that he they were gonna roll out the beta to everyone “this year”. A couple of the articles summarizing his comments mention that it will roll out to people who’ve paid 12K for the package, but I don’t think his comments actually differentiated between lifetime or subscription customers. My assumption is that they’re gonna focus more on pulling it from people who abuse it instead of limiting the access up front.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Musk said at the cyber rodeo that he they were gonna roll out the beta to everyone “this year”. A couple of the articles summarizing his comments mention that it will roll out to people who’ve paid 12K for the package, but I don’t think his comments actually differentiated between lifetime or subscription customers. My assumption is that they’re gonna focus more on pulling it from people who abuse it instead of limiting the access up front.
Just curious, how can someone abuse the FSD, or beta?