Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Subscription to start February 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F them and their ongoing mistreatment, deceiving, and lying to early FSD buyers.

Safe to say, FSD attempt #1 was a failure. It just never did what they wanted it to do.

Attempt #2 looks a lot more promising, but progress takes time.

I’d rather they give up and start over when the first FSD proved to be the wrong path. Tough call but the right one.

(Good) software ain’t easy.

Safe to say, FSD attempt #1 was a failure. It just never did what they wanted it to do.

Attempt #2 looks a lot more promising, but progress takes time.

I’d rather they give up and start over when the first FSD proved to be the wrong path. Tough call but the right one.

(Good) software ain’t easy.
well.... so far those of us early BUYERS of FSD are the ones paying the price of their failure. Will Tesla do anything to make that right?

.... they could start by allowing current FSD to transfer to a new one at no charge.....

well.... so far those of us early BUYERS of FSD are the ones paying the price of their failure. Will Tesla do anything to make that right?

.... they could start by allowing current FSD to transfer to a new one at no charge.....

Exactly. But they've made it very clear that we don't matter. Nevermind that I've been looking for an excuse to buy a Model Y, but with how they're treating us? Absolutely not.

Wouldn't the right thing to do be actually getting FSD working (which if they do, all buyers of FSD will benefit)? If they never get FSD working, why would you want to transfer to a new one? Neither would work anyways.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tundrok
Wouldn't the right thing to do be actually getting FSD working (which if they do, all buyers of FSD will benefit)? If they never get FSD working, why would you want to transfer to a new one? Neither would work anyways.

Because the basic autopilot doesn't have Nav on Autopilot or Auto Lane change, which are legitimately good features (or autopark, which is garbage, and Summon, which can be useful), but part of Enhanced Autopilot as far as we are concerned.

Reactions: pilotSteve

So is FSD advertised as something where you can punch in an address and take a nap? Cuz I don't see that happening anytime soon until most manufacturers jump on board and there's more shared liability.

Because the basic autopilot doesn't have Nav on Autopilot or Auto Lane change, which are legitimately good features (or autopark, which is garbage, and Summon, which can be useful), but part of Enhanced Autopilot as far as we are concerned.
That's basically transferring over the EAP package (which I suppose would make some of the buyers happy), but that still doesn't address features promised for the original FSD option (which was separate). Tesla is still liable to deliver for that.

Last edited:
So is FSD advertised as something where you can punch in an address and take a nap? Cuz I don't see that happening anytime soon until most manufacturers jump on board and there's more shared liability.
If you go on the page now (and it's been that way for a while), the only extra features that FSD promises over the original EAP options is Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control and Autosteer on city streets (coming later). They no longer advertise like you say (like punching in an address and car driving itself).

Full Self-Driving Capability
$10,000

• Navigate on Autopilot
  • Auto Lane Change
  • Autopark
  • Summon
  • Full Self-Driving Computer
  • Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control
Coming later this year
  • Autosteer on city streets

The currently enabled features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous. The activation and use of these features are dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions. As these self-driving features evolve, your car will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates.
Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

I believe originally the promises were more on that order page, but not anymore. Trying to find an internet archive link that works to show the previous wording, but haven't found it yet.

Edit, this is the best picture I could find, which Teslarati had of the previous wording back in 2016:
Tesla-full-self-driving-capability-upgrade.jpg

tesla-full-self-driving-capability-upgrade - TESLARATI

Last edited:
That's basically transferring over the EAP package (which I suppose would make some of the buyers happy), but that still doesn't address features promised for the original FSD option (which was separate). Tesla is still liable to deliver for that.

right. Just saying that for now I don't want to step backwards in features but I'm not enough of a sucker to buy FSD again.

• Funny
Reactions: 95gator
If you go on the page now (and it's been that way for a while), the only extra features that FSD promises over the original EAP options is Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control and Autosteer on city streets (coming later). They no longer advertise like you say (like punching in an address and car driving itself).

Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

I believe originally the promises were more on that order page, but not anymore. Trying to find an internet archive link that works to show the previous wording, but haven't found it yet.

There are screenshots out there, hopefully someone around here has em handy.

if nothing else I'm sure they will come up in the inevitable class actions

Reactions: 95gator
It struck me today that in the Q3 earnings report Elon said he would “think about” letting FSD follow the owner and in the Q4 report today he said no. His reasoning was something like “you’ll be able to trade in/sell the car for more with FSD” so you’d get your money back-ish.

Reactions: pitabun