Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD subscription was plan all along in my opinion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Way less than half its value is with beta testers. The value is in L5 operation. FSD beta is still L2.
Waymo tried to go directly to L4 and we have a pretty little sandbox (50 square miles) in the desert to show for it.
We've seen FSD Beta since October 21, 2020 and have seen more progress in the last ~3 months (expanded now to ~16 states) than what we've actually seen from Waymo since the 2015 Austin demo.
But you do you, keep clinging to the "it's still L2" mantra!

• Love
Reactions: boonedocks
Waymo tried to go directly to L4 and we have a pretty little sandbox (50 square miles) in the desert to show for it.
We've seen FSD Beta since October 21, 2020 and have seen more progress in the last ~3 months (expanded now to ~16 states) than what we've actually seen from Waymo since the 2015 Austin demo.

Its still level 2, its a fun toy. When you have to maneuver around road debris, that is level 2.

Its still level 2, its a fun toy. When you have to maneuver around road debris, that is level 2.
rachel-green-jennifer-anniston.gif

Sadly, on my part LOL, I would gladly pay for FSD if it offered L3 just on highways.

90+ miles a day on freeway....I’d pay.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
Counting all makes and models measured in this survey, the average length of new-vehicle ownership in the U.S. is 8.4 years.

If FSD is always sold at 10k, they'd need for subscription to be at least $100/mo to make it worthwhile to purchase at that price. And if you're paying $100/mo, you're going to unsubscribe real quick if you aren't using it and its not fantastic.

but its the high way, autopilot works just fine for that.,

99% of your drive is fine with AP. Since you need to be paying attention at all times, you'd just have to change lanes to pass slow drivers and take your exits.

FSD is basically useless while it requires human attention. Unless you're one of those ladies who is doing YT videos about how she can save time putting on makeup while her car drives.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Honestly that's my real-world hope for FSD. I can live without the local road L2 autosteer (obviously I'll take it when they offer it), but what I want is the ability to zone out and read a book or something during my highway commutes, even if I might have to periodically put it down to take over because the system is like "DUDE I AM CONFUSED".

Do I *want* the true L5 operation that I paid for? Of course. But I've given up hope of ever getting it.

• Love
Reactions: boonedocks