Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Subscription

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize if it has been already posted, I did a quick search and I did not find my answer.
I would like to purchase a FSD monthly subscription to test it out. Is there any waiting period for it or it is instantaneous after the purchase? I heard that you need to have some kind of score for the subscription to becoming effective. If this is the case, how long would it be?

Thank you

FSD Compatibility Package is what you get and will be near instant with maybe a MCU reset. FSD Beta is different.

Here is what you will get.

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 11.09.38 AM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
An FSD subscription becomes effective virtually immediately.

But and FSD subscription does not give you access to the city streets early access FSD beta, commonly referred to here as FSD beta. It gives you access to Navigate on Autopilot, adds traffic light awareness to TACC and AP, auto parking, summon, commanded lane change and maybe a minor thing or two.

If you are an FSD owner, or subscriber, you may request access to FSD beta, but be warned that it has been five, or more months since Tesla has added new testers. Read more forum posts here and you'll get a good feel for the situation.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mark II and Phlier
It bills instantly. There is no trial for the subscription. The "score" you mention may be referring to "Safety Score (Beta)" which only shows up if you go into Autopilot and press the button to apply for the FSD Beta queue. If you do that, you are graded on your driving and upon reaching high enough scores, if they decide to let more people into the beta (like they just did this weekend), then you might get into the beta. For more information on the Safety Score, there are plenty of documents (including on Tesla's web site) and videos on the Internet explaining it.

I apologize if it has been already posted, I did a quick search and I did not find my answer.
I would like to purchase a FSD monthly subscription to test it out. Is there any waiting period for it or it is instantaneous after the purchase? I heard that you need to have some kind of score for the subscription to becoming effective. If this is the case, how long would it be?

Thank you
Don’t waste Your money it does not work. They start by threatening you with false dings to lower a fictitious safety score. If that doesn’t get low enough, mine was 94 , they suspended the FSD. I am checking the Lemon laws to see If I can return the Lemon or at least be refunded the $10,000.

To add on to this question(since I had the same one)! Is the subscription for a full 30 days from time purchased(we are splitting the calendar months)? Yes, I know it sounds idiotic but just want to make sure. We are taking a trip to Florida from Pennsylvania and just want it for the trip.