Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD subscription

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it worth buying the $199/monthly FSD subscription? Anyone here using it and is it just like the $15,000 FSD just in a monthly basis?
Unless you are hanging onto your car for 5+ years, the subscription seems like the way to go. You lose a bit on resale, but it's hard to see an 8 year old self-driving car being worth a ton of money regardless. Of course they might ratchet prices up more. Hard to say.

Is it worth it? IMO not until it is hands free or at least harasses me a lot less than AP does now. If I could buy it for my mom who's driving is getting quite bad now, It would be totally worth it. Or maybe hang out with friends and get a bit lit then rely on it to get me home? How long before that is possible is pretty questionable.

Whether having something you have to babysit is worth the spend is up to you personally. Nice thing about the subscription is you are only in it for $200.

Is it worth buying the $199/monthly FSD subscription? Anyone here using it and is it just like the $15,000 FSD just in a monthly basis?
Just a reminder that you still would need to request the beta (Autosteer on City Streets) and go through the steps to actually get it. And even then if your car is updated beyond 2022.20, you probably won't get it. Without the beta, I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm canceling this month unless I get in.

Reactions: Lucas007
I subscribed earlier this month with the plan to keep it going through the holidays to make the amount of driving I'm doing more manageable. If I get into the beta, then I may keep it longer, but subscribing for long trips makes the most sense to me even if mostly for lane changes. I also don't have $15k lying around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just a reminder that you still would need to request the beta (Autosteer on City Streets) and go through the steps to actually get it. And even then if your car is updated beyond 2022.20, you probably won't get it. Without the beta, I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm canceling this month unless I get in.
Think that all changes with V11 in the pipe line.

I’m in the FSD beta and I’ll be canceling at the end of the month. In my experience navigate on city streets is not at all useful. However, I would recommend you at least try it for a month and see how you like it; your experience might be completely different than mine.

Reactions: alexcue
I’m in the FSD beta and I’ll be canceling at the end of the month. In my experience navigate on city streets is not at all useful. However, I would recommend you at least try it for a month and see how you like it; your experience might be completely different than mine.
Yeah, I wasn't planning on long-term use as I like driving the car too much, but just wanted to play with it for a month. But I'm tired of waiting. This is the second time I've subscribed and not gotten it, so this time I'm done until I know for sure that I will get it.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on long-term use as I like driving the car too much, but just wanted to play with it for a month. But I'm tired of waiting. This is the second time I've subscribed and not gotten it, so this time I'm done until I know for sure that I will get it.
My car is downloading 2022.36.20 which looks like includes FSD beta 10.69.3.1! Yay!

My car is downloading 2022.36.20 which looks like includes FSD beta 10.69.3.1! Yay!
E85FECDC-F90C-4D27-A448-C438D2CF663C.jpeg

Reactions: ThatMike