Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Tracks Dangerously Towards the Center Line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since getting FSD Beta, I have noticed that it tracks heavily towards the center line and even crosses it when making turns. This is most evident on two-lane roads and I've had to disengage several times because it was uncomfortably close to oncoming traffic and they even had to swerve out of the way. I thought perhaps my cameras needed recalibration but my wife drives on traditional AP and it tracks dead center in the lane. Is anyone else experiencing this?

On the other hand if you are on an unmarked 3 lane road, it hugs the rt curb side weaving out and then back in around parked cars. I would rather it stay more to towards the center where it could pass all the parked cars. The only exception might be moving to the right to let an oncoming car move through.

What gets me is in addition to this, which I saw also bad on non beta FSD … like plain autopilot drive on 1 lane narrow windy road people drive 45mph on— some phantom breaking around hills and blind curves that had gone away from 21.3 to 32.22 is now back … something is in the main branch I feel the FSD beta branch needs for confidence of the vision-only based driving. It is just having way more freak outs, even on the highway in the middle of my drive. Anyone else experience that who has vision only car??

Reactions: TAfirehawk
I’ve noticed on our unmarked neighborhood street stop sign fsd beta almost places the car in the middle of the road even before creeping up.

We’re in Sarasota Fl so not sure if maybe we’re one of the areas that have not had as much data sent back to HQ or is this something others have experienced? It does the same thing making a left or right turn at the stop sign, definitely going to be a problem when someone else tries turning onto our street while I’m basically parked in the middle of the lane.

I’ve been following videos in fsd beta since the initial group went out and hadn’t noticed this behavior in the videos I’d watched or maybe it was present just hard to have the same spatial awareness from a video as you have in real life.

Reactions: nvx1977
I’ve noticed on our unmarked neighborhood street stop sign fsd beta almost places the car in the middle of the road even before creeping up.

We’re in Sarasota Fl so not sure if maybe we’re one of the areas that have not had as much data sent back to HQ or is this something others have experienced? It does the same thing making a left or right turn at the stop sign, definitely going to be a problem when someone else tries turning onto our street while I’m basically parked in the middle of the lane.

I’ve been following videos in fsd beta since the initial group went out and hadn’t noticed this behavior in the videos I’d watched or maybe it was present just hard to have the same spatial awareness from a video as you have in real life.
I see this too before the turn that almost kills me- going to review video footage and see maybe it does this to get better visibility for the turn …?