Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD trial after delivery - full price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a LR RWD on order - and have selected AP ($4k, I'm in Canada).

I've heard that after delivery some people get a 30-day trial of Full Self Drive. If you decide to buy it during this 30-day trial, is the price the $6,600 that was offered pre-delivery? Or is it the post-delivery price of $9,200?

I have a LR RWD on order - and have selected AP ($4k, I'm in Canada).

I've heard that after delivery some people get a 30-day trial of Full Self Drive. If you decide to buy it during this 30-day trial, is the price the $6,600 that was offered pre-delivery? Or is it the post-delivery price of $9,200?
Good question, I would also like to know the answer. However please keep in mind, even if you pay the same price it cannot be added to your mortgage and you will have to shell out the full price in one go. Adding before delivery gives you the benefit of adding to your mortgage and pay over years.

I did not purchase AP. I’ve had the car for over a week now and have not been offered a free trial. I am curious to see if they offer one, and what price it would be if I purchase it after trial. In the past I’ve heard that it’s more than the price at delivery but less than the quoted price after delivery.

Good question, I would also like to know the answer. However please keep in mind, even if you pay the same price it cannot be added to your mortgage and you will have to shell out the full price in one go. Adding before delivery gives you the benefit of adding to your mortgage and pay over years.

Yeah. So close to delivery would be awkward. I guess the thing that bugs me is I have to decide now to fork over 6600 for something that I've never tried or been able to test drive (also don't live anywhere near a sales store try test drive).

So it's kinda a catch 22. You get a discount if you buy it up front but you can't try it. Or buy it later after you try it for a lot more. And then there is the whole throw it in your finance part too which goes away after you take delivery.