Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone who’s taken delivery in the last month or two has gotten an offer for the Full Self Driving trial yet? I keep waiting (hoping) for it but nothing yet. Took delivery last week of June, my Model 3 is HW3...

I took delivery third week of April with Autopilot on a SR+ RWD. To my surprise, it's apparently EAP. I received this email today:

As an owner who has purchased Enhanced Autopilot – you can now upgrade to Full Self-Driving Capability at a reduced price of $3,000. Get access to current convenience features and future Full Self-Driving features to continually increase the capability of your Tesla over time.

Use Navigate on Autopilot for assisted driving from on-ramp to off-ramp, including interchanges, merges and exits – while Autopark and Summon take the hassle out of finding a parking spot and getting out of tight spaces.

The price of this upgrade will increase on August 16.
I'm probably not going to exercise this option, but it looks like Tesla is trying to entice some more FSD purchases.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I took delivery third week of April with Autopilot on a SR+ RWD. To my surprise, it's apparently EAP.

Whether it is actually EAP depends on when you ordered, I think. If you ordered prior to Feb 28th or so it's possible you have EAP. But if you took delivery in April you probably already should have had FSD. If you don't know what you ordered exactly, it's hard to say. Anyway, just because you got the email for EAP owners does not mean you necessarily have EAP.

A flowchart to makes some sense of it (not sure I can vouch for its accuracy for your specific situation).
Troy Teslike on Twitter

Whether it is actually EAP depends on when you ordered, I think. If you ordered prior to Feb 28th or so it's possible you have EAP. But if you took delivery in April you probably already should have had FSD. If you don't know what you ordered exactly, it's hard to say. Anyway, just because you got the email for EAP owners does not mean you necessarily have EAP.

I didn't order. I looked at existing inventory online on a Sunday. Went in to the Tesla store only 2.5 miles from my home on Monday and got a test drive with a sales guy. Selected the red SR+ RWD I had seen online, put down my deposit, and the sales guy wrote it up. Took delivery on Thursday and completed the purchase. The car was built in April 2019 and I took delivery later that month.

Purchase agreement shows these line items:
  • Model 3
  • Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Rear-Wheel Drive
  • All Black Interior
  • Red Multi-Coat
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Autopilot
  • Partial Premium Interior
  • Supercharger Network Access + Pay-as-you-go
So, autopilot was included as it did not have a separate line item price. I have menu options for Summon and NOA. Does that make it EAP?

I took delivery third week of April with Autopilot on a SR+ RWD. To my surprise, it's apparently EAP. I received this email today:

Check your upgrade page. It should still say $6,000.

You've essentially been given EAP features by mistake, and Tesla might switch you back to base AP at some point. It's like the June SR purchasers who inexplicably have heated back seats.

I had no AP at the end of March and I was given an official FSD trial for 60 days. Message popped up on the screen and we had a day count-down in our AP screen. After 37 days the trial just disappeared. We reached out to customer service and they said it would come back at some point. We ended up buying AP since we liked autosteer and TACC so much.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Does that make it EAP?

Check your upgrade page. It should still say $6,000.

Agreed, you do not have EAP. Your upgrade price should be $6k (for now). The above referenced upgrade page listing the price associated with your Tesla account can be found at Tesla Account -> Manage -> then is at the bottom left under “Autopilot Upgrades.”

I took delivery in May, and I'm still waiting on my AP trial that was supposed to be pushed to me. I'm guessing there is still a "bug" in the trial software. I've emailed twice about it, and they said that they would resume trials once the software is fixed, smh.