Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD up another $1k next month after the released of enhanced summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F02D5CA4-7F85-41FE-959E-F140ED6A8B66.png
As per Elms Elon's tweet

I would be happy if Summon and parking worked with my Model 3.

When I get home I try to park my car in an uncovered space that is bound by walls on both sides and at the back.

I sit in my car and use my phone app to reverse in. I have tried parking it from outside the car. It commonly says it cannot establish a connection or drops connection. I have tried parking it from inside the car with similar results.

Canadian FSD already went up by a bit with the recent price changes, perhaps a conversion update. Another $1k USD ($1300 CAD) in a months time is going to make some people crack and either they will buy it now or they will never buy it.

Before people start complaining, Tesla said this will literally happen as more features release..

Full Self-Driving Capability is available for purchase post-delivery, prices are likely to increase over time with new feature releases

Just my opinion by why would anyone pay $6000 to have FSD.
The autopilot feature itself is a gimmick and borderline dangerous and Elon expects people to pay another 6k for for some other gimmicks??
If FSD were to never be more that autopilot I would agree. But I expect it to continue to evolve and I expect the price to increase as it becomes more advanced.

As it is, I am happy that I have autopilot. I have been driving my Model 3 for less than four weeks. My odometer is 4997, most of that highway driving. Most of that highway driving is trips of one to three hours starting after 6:00 p.m. and a long day at work. Most of that I am using autopilot. I don’t rely on it to be FSD, but it has sure made driving that 5,000 km/month easier than it was a month ago.

Autopilot May be “borderline dangerous” when misused by people who ignore the warnings, use it in city driving, use it in two-way undivided traffic, use it as if it were level 5 autonomous FSD. I have seen no statistically significant evidence that autopilot is “borderline dangerous” when used as intended. I would be interested in seeing such evidence and reevaluating my views if you can provide such evidence.

I have EAP and it is now $7,900 CDN for full FSD.
Enhanced summon (in whatever form it takes if it ever gets released in Canada) is supposed to be part of EAP.
FYI ELon tweeted this morning (check his recent replies) stating that if you have EAP, an upgrade to FSD should not cost the full $7900 if you're coming from 'basic' Autopilot. In his words "Agreed, should be less than $3000 to get to FSD from EAP"

Reactions: PrGrPa
Great that they're making progress overall but wow enhanced summon does nothing for me - I'm happy to walk to my car. I also find it a bit aggravating that I and many others have daily phantom braking issues that make TACC a *sugar*-show and need fixing - not as sexy though is it? I sometimes wish Elon wouldn't move so quickly onto the next shiny thing.

Will this new advanced summon be available in Canada by Aug 16? I mean it can be feature complete, but are the regulations here ready to allow us to access the newer / more advanced functionalities?

Odds are invariably against it coming to Canada because of the regulators who side on caution. I'm hopeful, but certainly not holding my breath that it'll be available when it comes out south of the border. Some things have taken months (or years) to implement here.