Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD up to $10k on October 29, 2020??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon just tweeted. Wow that’s quite a jump!

Yep, seriously considering this now even though no way do I want to spend $8k after buying my Model Y...

A couple initial bits of feedback from Twitter really makes it seem like Elon has “cracked the code.” Vehicles approaches a red light and stops, waits for the light to turn green, waits for an opposing vehicle to clear the intersection, and then turns left. Obviously there will be bugs, but this truly looks to be feature complete foundation and now will just be in refinement stage. If he’s to be believed, the code rewrite and 3D video tagging should drastically increase improvements and refinement compared to previous builds.

This is the first time I’ve believed he actually might be able to pull this off without a significant hardware sensor upgrade/change...

I’m seriously considering it. Damn Elon! I did the Enhanced Auto Pilot because it was real world and immediately useful features. I paid $4000 so now my upgrade price to FSD which doesn’t include much more in real world immediate useful features is $5000. I’m sure that will go up to $7000 ish on Monday. That would include whatever future updates to make it truly FSD. It’s just a lot of money after having just purchased the vehicle less than a month ago and doing PPF and Ceramic Coating as well as other accessories. Then upgrading to EAP which is revolutionary and awesome IMHO. I am so tempted to go all in before it prices me out totally and take the hit now for future awesomeness! What is everyone else thinking?

I’m seriously considering it. Damn Elon! I did the Enhanced Auto Pilot because it was real world and immediately useful features. I paid $4000 so now my upgrade price to FSD which doesn’t include much more in real world immediate useful features is $5000. I’m sure that will go up to $7000 ish on Monday. That would include whatever future updates to make it truly FSD. It’s just a lot of money after having just purchased the vehicle less than a month ago and doing PPF and Ceramic Coating as well as other accessories. Then upgrading to EAP which is revolutionary and awesome IMHO. I am so tempted to go all in before it prices me out totally and take the hit now for future awesomeness! What is everyone else thinking?
How long you really plan on keeping your car?
FOMO is a thing sure but really ask yourself that.

How long you really plan on keeping your car?
FOMO is a thing sure but really ask yourself that.

I’m not clear how that is relevant. If it adds to the resale value of the car and actually results in it appreciating greatly over the next couple years, why does it matter if you won’t have the car super long term? Pass on the greatness and the price for it some time in the future.

He is also stating that it will go up to $100K eventually...that just seems absurd, and honestly I feel like it is a sleazy, pressure sales tactic.

I do wish, however, I would have purchased EAP, because I still don't care about the rest of the FSD features, and if that is greatly improved, it would "maybe" we worth it. I'm honestly pretty happy simply with AP for now.

He is also stating that it will go up to $100K eventually...that just seems absurd, and honestly I feel like it is a sleazy, pressure sales tactic.

I do wish, however, I would have purchased EAP, because I still don't care about the rest of the FSD features, and if that is greatly improved, it would "maybe" we worth it. I'm honestly pretty happy simply with AP for now.

I didn’t see the value in it when I got the car and it was $6k. I then was frustrated when a week after I took delivery the car depreciated $3k overnight as a result
of the price being lowered. Then FSD jumped to $8k and I was even more frustrated but told myself we are a long way away from that being realized anyways. Now it’s deployed in limited fashion and will jump to $10k on Monday and the goals is to deploy to all cars by end of year (assuming it gets approved).

Robocars and making money while we sleep are now very real for 2021. I’m all in on FSD before Monday but I will wait to upgrade until Saturday midday so I can return it Monday if for some reason he doesn’t follow through with the $2k price hike.

Robocars and making money while we sleep are now very real for 2021.

I don't think that is a possibility in 2021 no matter what these videos from last night showed. Also, have you seen the post about renting out your car on Turo to make money now? It sounds like a complete nightmare to me and not worth it at all. I can't imagine how much worse a robotaxi type thing would be in the way people treat the vehicle.

Personally, I would look at FSD as a personal benefit now rather than on an investment in the future as use as a robotaxi.

No one has forced anyone to buy a Tesla. If you don't want one, then don't buy.

No one is forcing anyone to buy the FSD feature. If you don't want it, then don't buy.

If FSD works as intended, then it's going to be priced a lot higher in the future.

Initial feedback from the beta testers, who've all been long time owners, seems good so I'm looking forward to when this rolls out to my car even thought I'll probably use ~1% of it's features.

I didn’t see the value in it when I got the car and it was $6k. I then was frustrated when a week after I took delivery the car depreciated $3k overnight as a result
of the price being lowered. Then FSD jumped to $8k and I was even more frustrated but told myself we are a long way away from that being realized anyways. Now it’s deployed in limited fashion and will jump to $10k on Monday and the goals is to deploy to all cars by end of year (assuming it gets approved).

Robocars and making money while we sleep are now very real for 2021. I’m all in on FSD before Monday but I will wait to upgrade until Saturday midday so I can return it Monday if for some reason he doesn’t follow through with the $2k price hike.

That sounds like a good plan. I may even wait until Sunday.

Reactions: HeyEph
Could not wait any longer.....
upload_2020-10-22_12-46-6.png

My strategy as well, haha!! I'll show them!! :D

Just saw that!! That Elon is a crafty devil, haha!!

There's some cryptic info that some "influencers" were told they specific could post videos and info on twitter about the beta, while everyone else was told if they're in the beta they can't post or share information about it. It's possible he wants that info to build some buzz and see if people will snap it up right now before the price increase.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC

We’re a long way from Johnnycab, bud.

I dunno. I can't get AP not to fail on some windy roads upstate, they haven't even gotten the staying in the lane down pat and not slamming on the brakes from time to time.

I know Elon has said that he cracked the code and the car sees in 3D now, but I can't trust the free, limited, AP in anything other than basic situations. Elon should make it a subscription model if he is sure that this is worth the hype and $$$. If he is right, cash flow will..... Flow.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC