Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD upgrade for AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered and took delivery of my MS before the 6/26/2018 change in the price for the future (post-delivery) FSD upgrade. Since then, it has been widely reported that owners who ordered prior to 6/26/2018 would still be allowed to purchase that OTA upgrade for the price they were promised at delivery -- US$4K, rather than the new post-delivery price of US$5K.
I'm interested in obtaining the MCU3 upgrade when available, so I looked into the possibility. However, in my account, that upgrade is listed at the new price of $5K, and when I elect to buy, it takes me to a Web page that indicates that Tesla will charge my credit card US$5,000 plus local sales tax ($5,375 in my case).
I therefore called Customer Support and, because of language difficulties on his part, had a great deal of difficulty convincing the agent that I was inquiring about FSD instead of EAP. However, once I did that, and after a couple of long holds, he told me that, indeed, I was entitled to the upgrade for $4K. However, he insisted that I must pay $5,375 and then wait for an "automatic" refund of $1,000 + tax. He was unable to tell me how long that refund would take.
He sounded like he knew what he was talking about at that point, but it still seems downright silly and foolish. Can anyone else who might have done this over-the-air upgrade since June 26 verify that this mess of a solution is actually the process that Tesla has in place?