Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Upgrade Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid for the FSD upgrade when they just had the deal a couple months ago, made an appt to upgrade and fix a couple of other items, and when I went to pick up the car the FSD wasn't upgraded and when I asked why, they said "Tesla will call you, its by VIN."

Is this the same experience you have had? The one thing that Tesla severely lacks is good customer service from my experience over the last couple of years.

I paid for it years ago and when in for service they just did it without asking me or me asking them. Got the car back and just suddenly had FSD computer.

I had FSD installed last year and they told me it probably wouldn't work until December 2020, so I never tried. Do you see "FSD Computer" on your touchscreen, and if so, does it actually work? I need to look more closely at it.

AFAIK, if you purchased FSD, you get autopilot features that don’t come standard, auto lane change and navigate on autopilot. These are used primarily on the highway.

But EAP Purchase was a bit confusing for me because I believe it offered more features than standard, maybe same as FSD Purchase, but you would Not get FSD when it finally got released. Things changed too much over the years for me to keep up.

But if you have either FSD or EAP, you should have the ability right now to use autopilot with auto lane change and Navigate on Autopilot, (NOA.) These are not standard features.

if I am wrong, somebody please correct me.

Last edited: