Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Upgrade Price Decrease (EAP Owners)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t know if this has been posted already, but it seems like the price for the FSD upgrade went down for those who already have EAP. It was $5300 CAD and now appears to be only $4000CAD.
upload_2020-1-31_19-27-9-png.506508

I'd wait to $2K.

It's in Tesla best interest to get as many EAP people off of HW2.5
Why is that?

If you buy FSD, Tesla will have to change your computers to HW 3.0, that is a lot of $$.
Why do you want Tesla to pay that upgrade for you for cheap?

They prefer to sell you software upgrades that does not cost them any hardware upgrade.

I do not see Tesla make in it any cheaper than that, quite the contrary when they will see how much it cost them to replace all theses computers.
Elon said FSD will be more and more expensive to buy in the future as he sees it as an appreciative asset.

I think Tesla got a taste of selling software upgrades.

I foresee a lot of upgrades selling coming in the future (basically anything that can enhance the car in performance or functionality from original specs... as long as the improvement don't get into the way of offering a better overall experience) and I think FSD would only get cheaper until a few years AFTER the FSD goes feature complete (meaning they've recouped most of their investments AND any further development cost is down to a level where they will just include in every car priced in, rather than offering as a separate option)

I wouldn't hold my breath for a price drop if you were going to get it anyway... I got it before the price increase and don't even think about it now... I see it as a cost to improve TSLA bottom line (I'm a shareholder) and to "feature complete" my car.

Reactions: Techniques
Not to mention we already paid $6600+tax to get EAP. Another $4000+tax to get FSD brings it over $12K but someone who never bought it can get it for $9200+tax ($10.5K) now? Makes no sense....

Note: Using 15% tax in Qc for calculations
I paid $4k for regular AP and the $9200 would bring my total for FSD over $13k BEFORE taxes.

Including taxes gets messier because the $4k was subject to luxury car taxes (LR AWD in BC). I'm mainly too lazy to do the math but even "regular" price for the upgrade is not a bad deal for you.

FYI, there was a price increase for the car when AP became a standard feature, so it's not really a fair comparison for those people who didn't explicitly pay for it either.

Why is that?

If you buy FSD, Tesla will have to change your computers to HW 3.0, that is a lot of $$.
Why do you want Tesla to pay that upgrade for you for cheap?

They prefer to sell you software upgrades that does not cost them any hardware upgrade.

I do not see Tesla make in it any cheaper than that, quite the contrary when they will see how much it cost them to replace all theses computers.
Elon said FSD will be more and more expensive to buy in the future as he sees it as an appreciative asset.

I've seen the price went below $3K (couldn't remember $2.5 or $2.7K) but I didn't bother. Thus, mot just for cheap, may be at a lost too because

- The cost of having a team to update the software for HW 2.5 (remember I can't have FSD, but suppose to get all the other updates)
- What is the benefit of upgrading from EAP to FSD now? NONE
- When will FSD be implemented? Don't know
- Will I be driving the same car when the FSD is available? May be not

Reactions: Char and Techniques
I paid $4k for regular AP and the $9200 would bring my total for FSD over $13k BEFORE taxes.

Including taxes gets messier because the $4k was subject to luxury car taxes (LR AWD in BC). I'm mainly too lazy to do the math but even "regular" price for the upgrade is not a bad deal for you.

FYI, there was a price increase for the car when AP became a standard feature, so it's not really a fair comparison for those people who didn't explicitly pay for it either.

There was also a big price decrease before that....