Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD upgraded today - MCU1 is crawling on its knees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is curious. They are two separate units. Everything you mentioned is an MCU module control not an FSD control. Might be a software/firmware thing. I have the update as well. I didn't notice any of those issues. I know there were several patches after the upgrade along with firmware updates. Maybe one of those got corrupted. My technician had issues with the patches and firmware post FSD upgrade. He spent many hours with the engineers on the phone. But, after 5 hours of patch and firmware successful updates, mine has been working great.

83EF5B9E-3063-4AC1-BC90-90B0127C0E9F.jpeg
What is the FSD upgrade? Do you mean software or HW3 computer?

I'm having terrible performance issues with MCU1 after the FSD upgrade. The lte connectivity is dropping out more often, the screen is hanging a lot as well. And often when I park, the car will think it's shutdown when I haven't even exited the vehicle. Anyone else having MCU1 fsd issues?
Yes, same here too, really feel the big difference after upgrade FSD 3.0. Don’t know why as it’s different computer of MCU, but what I feel is real. The MCU1 is getting much slower...obvious you would think to upgrade to MCU2... but was thinking MCU1 is not bad until you felt it crawling after FSD 3.0 computer

I’m going to give it until Jan 2021 to see if the software updates between now and Jan improve performance. The infotainment Upgrade is a choice, however it does not appear that Tesla is giving us a choice but rather forcing us. That is entirely different and should fall under (MCU required for FSD). However if updates improve the performance, that it goes back to being a personal preference if you choose to upgrade.

I’m going to give it until Jan 2021 to see if the software updates between now and Jan improve performance. The infotainment Upgrade is a choice, however it does not appear that Tesla is giving us a choice but rather forcing us. That is entirely different and should fall under (MCU required for FSD). However if updates improve the performance, that it goes back to being a personal preference if you choose to upgrade.

I think we recieved the bare minimum of FSD just enough to say they delivered. My car bricked today. Stuck in service mode

I think we received the bare minimum of FSD just enough to say they delivered. My car bricked today. Stuck in service mode

please share an update on what was wrong with your MCU1. I have an appointment coming up in Aug to install HW3 (FSD). I have also requested the MCU2 upgrade. However, I'm not sure if I should upgrade my MCU or not. I don't have any issue with MCU1 as of now, except the usual voice command/browser doesn't work and slow refresh of a satellite map.

I'm thinking of trying MCU1 + FSD combination before giving extra $$$ to Tesla. :)

Question: My service estimate includes reference to '"Full Self Driving & E-Speaker Retrofit". Did they install "E-Speaker" retrofit for you? if yes, what is it?

please share an update on what was wrong with your MCU1. I have an appointment coming up in Aug to install HW3 (FSD). I have also requested the MCU2 upgrade. However, I'm not sure if I should upgrade my MCU or not. I don't have any issue with MCU1 as of now, except the usual voice command/browser doesn't work and slow refresh of a satellite map.

I'm thinking of trying MCU1 + FSD combination before giving extra $$$ to Tesla. :)

Question: My service estimate includes reference to '"Full Self Driving & E-Speaker Retrofit". Did they install "E-Speaker" retrofit for you? if yes, what is it?
Mine didn't mention espeaker

Same here. Hoping that future software updates will improve, but most likely will shell out for the MCU upgrade before I have to start driving more as its pretty much not usable at this point.

I also had FSD installed last week on my MCU1 and don't see any change in responsiveness on my current MCU. Xmas show also works just fine. I have a feeling that the errors might be caused by the limited factory EMMC as I had mine replaced with an aftermarket chip 4x larger. This might be something to try before shelling out more $$$ on a new MCU and @TonyT is the guy that can help. This would also increase the longevity of the MCU1.