Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V11 Discussion - First Released 11/11/22 at 11:11PM - Maybe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(moderator note: Added maybe to the title. This may be an alpha or beta release, so “release” is relative. Stay tuned.)

We finally have confirmation of the release of FSD V11. This presumably is single stack; we’ll see, as the question was left unanswered. I guess it will still be called FSD Beta V11?

002905FC-FC4B-4346-9970-AF2BA0758CE4.jpeg

🤯 ( 🔥 )

Last edited by a moderator:
There sort of is a confirmation actually. More like a momentary right of refusal. If you hit the NoA button while using FSDb on surface streets, it will subsequently warn you whenever it's about to change lanes using a little blue box above the nav directions (just like NoA on the highway). You can do the standard thing where you tap the box to cancel the lane change.
A lot of times it appears in less than a second on my car and I can't react in time

Could the full stack be lots of logical layers, and stack convergence starts with say just the image processing and building the contextual map of the surroundings? You might still be able to use that as the base for highway and city driving engines for subsequent processing without mashing together a driving engine expected to do both.
I thought Elon had said that parts of the FSDb vision code was already incorporated into AP and single stack was mostly about merging over the planning logic, but the v11 release notes specifically call out merging both vision and planning code from FSDb over to the highway stack. I’m interested to see how it’ll affect highway driving.

There sort of is a confirmation actually. More like a momentary right of refusal. If you hit the NoA button while using FSDb on surface streets, it will subsequently warn you whenever it's about to change lanes using a little blue box above the nav directions (just like NoA on the highway). You can do the standard thing where you tap the box to cancel the lane change.
You can also push the turn signal the opposite way as soon as it turns the turn signal on. I frequently cancel FSDb lane changes this way.

This is true mostly for route-based lane changes far ahead of the drive, but fsd also does lane changes without any notice or confirmation whatsoever.

This is true mostly for route-based lane changes far ahead of the drive, but fsd also does lane changes out of the blue without any notice whatsoever.
Sure there is notice. It signals when it is going to change lanes, so you just cancel it and stop it. Over and over again.

FSD does nothing (except for rapid sudden steering motions, mid-turn) quickly, so plenty of time to react!

Reactions: lascavarian
Sure there is notice. It signals when it is going to change lanes, so you just cancel it and stop it. Over and over again.

FSD does nothing (except for rapid sudden steering motions, mid-turn) quickly, so plenty of time to react!

I've had it do sudden lane changes (2.4) that would have caused a problem had I not paid attention or had my hand on the wheel lol

It mostly occurs when it suddenly and erroneously needs to be in a certain lane to turn, when it's too early to be in that lane (or it's the wrong lane period).

The reverse also happens. It'll be in the correct lane and suddenly decides it's wrong and tries to jump out.

I've had it do sudden lane changes (2.4) that would have caused a problem had I not paid attention or had my hand on the wheel lol
Never seen anything like that myself. I have never seen it change lanes without signaling (forks are a different issue of course but not what we are talking about).

It gives at least 1 second of notice and probably more like 2-3 seconds. An eternity in either case. Everyone has their hands at 9 and 3 with fingers an inch from the stalk so it is basically instant to cancel the change.

Yes, v11 released late last night (40.4.1).
View attachment 874044
I don’t have FSDb, so no release notes I can share on that. Not sure why basic AP seems improved, but it does. I’m also noticing changes in the visualizations, it seems to be better indicating barriers and obstacles near the car while in-motion.

Auto high beams also seem to be fixed, though I’ve only driven once at night since receiving the update.
I don’t know if this is just a joke that went over my head, but just in case…

Software v11 is different than FSD Beta v11. Software v11 was released last Christmas, and a lot of people disliked the new v11 UI. FSD Beta v11 was released to employees just yesterday, so none of us here have it.

Here’s a screenshot of Software v11 from January and a screenshot of what it says when you have FSD Beta. When FSD Beta v11 gets released to the rest of us, I expect it to say “FSD Beta 11” and not just “v11.0”.

Attachments

• 6347F219-E4DD-4787-AB25-53ED75798013.jpeg
    6347F219-E4DD-4787-AB25-53ED75798013.jpeg
    892.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 45699EA5-6214-4EBC-9BB5-7DFD2D9A3477.jpeg
    45699EA5-6214-4EBC-9BB5-7DFD2D9A3477.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 74
it's not a "confirmation."
It’s definitely not asking for confirmation.

But I was responding to “without any notice whatsoever.”

if you're paying attention,
Everyone is paying extremely close attention, as we know. This is how to get the superhuman safety levels we see. What happens to those who are not is irrelevant (except for those they injure and any property damage that occurs).

It’s definitely not asking for confirmation.

But I was responding to “without any notice whatsoever.”

It's not really a "notice" either imo. The car is already signaling and doing the lane change, and my option is to disengage or hit the stalk opposite. You're saying that the car is giving notice by signaling, but I don't agree with that. It has to signal to do the lane change, and the time between signaling and the action is like 1 second = without advanced notice.

I get a notice in blue, which if I tap quickly enough, will cancel the lane change, I just wish it would stay cancelled for a set distance or time since it frequently will immediately pop up again. My opposite frustration is that it will signal a lane change and wait too long to make the change to the point of missing some lane changes - problematic in situations with following aggressive drivers.

Reactions: Skateboardgolf
I'm not seeing any of that Chuck Cook UPL turn-right initially to turn-left vectoring so hopefully that function is beaten down to only landing in median scenarios.

More FSD Beta v11 release notes:

Mardak spotted this earlier, but we don't have the release notes past the first 2 bullet points.

All the release notes past the 2nd bullet point are FAKE! It's a rehash of fsd beta 10.11 notes.

I don’t know if this is just a joke that went over my head, but just in case…

Software v11 is different than FSD Beta v11. Software v11 was released last Christmas, and a lot of people disliked the new v11 UI. FSD Beta v11 was released to employees just yesterday, so none of us here have it.

Here’s a screenshot of Software v11 from January and a screenshot of what it says when you have FSD Beta. When FSD Beta v11 gets released to the rest of us, I expect it to say “FSD Beta 11” and not just “v11.0”.
We did the UAT in production of V11, the major design flaws were ironed out over a period of months and it is now much better.

How long before the highway vision stack hits the RoW, surely most of that should just be input into the planner and can be don in short order. As musky states the existing highway stack is 4 years old

Reactions: DarkForest
Possibly, yes. If not now, then soon.

With AP using the FSD Beta stack now, we might finally all get to be on the main production branch, and the only difference between AP, EAP, and FSD cars is a toggle for whether or not you’ve bought and enabled those features.
Too much logical reasoning in that post, this is musky's toy - be grateful for what you're given

UI V11 came out in January (I think)
2021.44.25.2 (v11) came out on December 23, 2021—the same day I got my M3LR. I only got to use v10 on the drive home from picking up the car, and then I got v11 the next day when most people got it. Since I never really got to use v10, I didn’t have any complaints about v11. Ignorance is bliss haha

This morning I caught a Youtube of Kim Paquett (sp) of the 2022.40.5. I went to look at it again and it is now gone. I must say what I saw was very impressive of the new capability, still had some minor issues (one road for some unknown reason it kept ping ponging back and forth other roads that were just as tight with cars on the side it had no problem with), compared to the previous release 2022.20.19. If this is really what we will be getting, I am impressed. Many of the problems we are having with turns at stop signs appear to be fixed. She didn't do summon or highway, just her standard run. Vast improvement. Very impressive. Not sure why it was taken down. Couldn't tell for certain if stopping was more human like, appeared it was but it was a video.

Did anyone else happen to catch the video this morning. I think there may have even been others, but now there are none.
One of the actions I saw in the video that I wanted to look at again was how her car handled an approaching truck on a very tight road with cars parked on the right. As the truck approached, her car pulled in behind a parked car and waited, apparently her car calculated the truck was not approaching fast enough and it pulled back out, went around the car it was parked behind and pulled back in behind another car. The truck passed and her car pulled back out. I really wanted to see that again to make sure it was actually the car and not her doing it. Unfortunately her video is no longer posted. The other item she was very excited about was how it navigated a certain intersection or town square, she was was actually really surprised seeing it had never been able to handle that intersection, she actually started clapping. Curious to see why it kept ping ponging on the one tight road wonder if it was becasue cars were parked on left side instead of right side. On another street it normally traversed it was now going a little to slow on it, she said that was new. Hopefully she'll put it back up again. If it really does what the video showed, we are in for a nice improvement.