Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V11 effect on Auto Pilot and EAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Anyone played with the new generation of FSD and check out if it impacts the usage of AutoPilot, the driving that your car does when you turn OFF the Beta software? I am curious if this new software will allow AP to go more than 5 MPH over the limit on limited highways. Do you even HAVE the ability to turn off the Beta anymore now that it uses the same stack for hwy/city?

What impact does it have on EAP? Will it allow them to drive thru green lights or does it still require driver intervention? Perhaps I am confusing my autopilots here.

Will the update change what AP does on cars still rocking the original 2.0 or 2.5 FSD computer? Guess we'll have to wait for the update to be sent to all cars to find that one out, it's not like your gonna get an offer to run Beta on those older computers.

FSD V11 is still FSD Beta, so there will still be a distinction between “production” FSD and Beta. It will probably impact Navigate on Autopilot in some way, but we won’t know how until more people get it. The ability to drive more than 5mph over the limit on secondary roads is only available in the Beta, and I assume that will continue to be the case.