Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V9 Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the hot hot December release was supposed to be this December? Or is that too optimistic still :)

Tesla made a comment that they were actively working on mitigating the "chip storage" by switching to different technology which resulted in code changes. I think that was a much higher priority than finishing up v11 and sending it out as part 2.

Has anybody else worked on big software projects where the Boss' pet theories throw off the schedule?

Remember Steve Jobs and his "a mouse shall only have one button" theory?

How about "cameras only, so stop and rip out all the radar and IR sensor code" ?

Anybody have more information on how this last minute change is going?

And in fog, rain, snow and darkness?

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Of course it is -- if you planned it that way. But the procedural code layer was designed and written using multiple sensors. So here they are, totally behind schedule, doing another change of direction rewrite?

The street NOA beta was working pretty darned well. None of us expected Level 5 autonomy. The freeway NOA as it is, is extremely useful. I use it all the time, its imperfections don't bother me.

Leaving aside the "level 5 or nothing" crowd, most of us would have been delighted to get a pretty decent NOA on streets Beta, that required cautious driver attention and some overrides, and that they could improve over the next few years. But instead, after paying for it years ago, and being tantalized with lots of very impressive FSD Beta footage, we get nothing again. Come now, gentlemen, forgive me, but who's managing this project? Chad?

And, honestly, all this Dogecoin clowning is getting tiresome. Just now realizing the cost in pollution? We're behind you, but FOCUS, Elon!

Last edited:
It’s coming soon right? I need the beta!

I have a road on my commute home that construction just resurfaced. Some parts don't have lane lines yet and some lane lines are all crooked and zig zag. I can't use AP because AP ping pongs a lot, even swerving into the left lane when the lane lines disappear. I wonder how FSD Beta V9 will handle that situation. Will Tesla's "pure vision" be smart enough or will it still get confused when the vision tries to follow the lane lines?

Of course some situations are hopelessly confusing, even to experienced human drivers. Before auto-steer, I found myself just kind of winging it between poorly marked lanes now and then. Not too worried any cop would give me a ticket. I wouldn't expect Streets NOA to do better.

But I think Nicki and I will continue to driver better together than either of us alone.

I have a road on my commute home that construction just resurfaced. Some parts don't have lane lines yet and some lane lines are all crooked and zig zag. I can't use AP because AP ping pongs a lot, even swerving into the left lane when the lane lines disappear. I wonder how FSD Beta V9 will handle that situation. Will Tesla's "pure vision" be smart enough or will it still get confused when the vision tries to follow the lane lines?

You have a dashcam video of this? I actually have good experience on newly paved highways without painted lines, albeit short distances.

Some people won't believe this is all on NoA / Autopilot

Edit: nevermind, clip too big to upload here, let me cut it down (I cut out the last 3 seconds of this video, which continues with more no lane lines):

20210515_201612.gif

Last edited:
Some people won't believe this is all on NoA / Autopilot

Edit: nevermind, clip too big to upload here, let me cut it down (I cut out the last 3 seconds of this video, which continues with more no lane lines):

View attachment 662714

I have a hard time believing this is on NOA/AP. But I believe you.

Is it is possible that NOA can handle this better than "basic" AP?

Has anybody else worked on big software projects where the Boss' pet theories throw off the schedule?

Remember Steve Jobs and his "a mouse shall only have one button" theory?

How about "cameras only, so stop and rip out all the radar and IR sensor code" ?

Anybody have more information on how this last minute change is going?

And in fog, rain, snow and darkness?

It was more scope creep than any boss from my experience. Business requirements change or added all the time but the deadline never changes (normally). Building a big software package is very complicated, you have multiple groups/programmers making changes everywhere.