Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V9 updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Since only vision cars have a 75 mph limit to raise it seems to pretty explicitly apply only to those.

Well well well

Looks like Elon wasn’t blowing smoke after all

Not seeing speed increase listed in those release notes?

FWIW this has nothing to do with promises.

An (actual) self driving system that loses the ability to drive if a single node kernel faults or otherwise fails is a serious danger and would likely be banned from public roads pretty quickly, even in the places it's technically legal today- and never approved in the first place in the places it's not.
We're trying to say the same thing.
My question is if buyers are due an (actual) self driving system(L4)?
I've used word promises in a sense "contractual promises".

Because whether one core out of two fails, or one tire out of four, system can't proceed...

What I'm saying is Tesla may satisfy its contractual promises if it has features implemented without redundancy, and redundancy for true L4 could become for pay upgrade.

What I'm saying is Tesla may satisfy its contractual promises if it has features implemented without redundancy, and redundancy for true L4 could become for pay upgrade.
I find that unlikely. Tesla has historically reached into their pockets for "free" upgrades on FSD cars. With their fine print mentioning "pending regulatory approval", I'd say they know it's on them. They can be shady on timing and promising, but on that part, I give them credit.

I find that unlikely. Tesla has historically reached into their pockets for "free" upgrades on FSD cars. With their fine print mentioning "pending regulatory approval", I'd say they know it's on them. They can be shady on timing and promising, but on that part, I give them credit.
Possibly.

But I'm starting from my own expectations - I'd be happy with non-redundant FSD that makes my travel and commute super easy. Redundancy is def. needed for commercial purposes, but if that requires for pay upgrade of 1-2.5K, so be it...

Well well well

Looks like Elon wasn’t blowing smoke after all
Known liar utters something that turns out to be true. Full story, tonight after the weather.

We're trying to say the same thing.
My question is if buyers are due an (actual) self driving system(L4)?

For buyers prior to March 2019- very explicitly yes they are owed an L4 (or arguably L5) driving system.

For buyers after that date that is... the subject of much debate. I think there's at least a lot better legal argument they're not owed more than L2 than the pre 3/19 buyers, but there are possible arguments the other way as well.

Possibly.

But I'm starting from my own expectations - I'd be happy with non-redundant FSD that makes my travel and commute super easy. Redundancy is def. needed for commercial purposes, but if that requires for pay upgrade of 1-2.5K, so be it...

it will be way more than 1-2.5K especially if it is for commercial purposes. Most likely at least 10K/yr liscense.

Look at how much autodesk charged thier software suite.....