Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the statute of limitations? Short of filing a suit, is there anything I can instruct my attorney to do to preserve my "rights" in this fraud case?

If you have an attorney they should know what to do. You shouldn't have to do anything to get them to apprise you of your rights and how to preserve them. Just make sure they are retained and then it's their problem.

Reactions: SummitX and Swift
I'm pretty sure that, at some point, Tesla will offer some features under the guise of being early rollout of FSD features, that aren't available to regular AP customers. Maybe they'll call it FSD alpha or something of the like. It may not be enough to make people happy, but it would be something.

This is actually the reason I bought FSD. I assumed real FSD would be years away but that EAP with 4 cameras would be out in December 2016 and that soon after that we'd have 8 camera features for FSD owners. As that 4 vs. 8 cameras was how Tesla presented the difference...

Well, that is what I thought in October 2016.

Silly me.

Now pop that mother up again

Nah. :)

But in all seriousness that was my thinking back then. That buying the FSD option would get me 8 camera driver's aid features while we waited for FSD. EAP I expected to arrive, as announced, in December 2016 (or around that time) and that FSD would be the part that would come "over time". IMO that is how it was originally announced.

Little did I know we'd be hunting AP1 parity still a year later, 4 camera EAP nowhere to be seen, let alone any 8 camera FSD option based features.

I will not buy FSD at this point, and do not recommend others buy it -- it is optional after all. However, if one has buckets of money, and you would like to support Tesla in its efforts to build FSD, then go ahead. People did the same with Roadsters, Model S, etc. and I praise them for their faith, as we would not likely have any Teslas if it was not for their optimistic support.

wondering if there were any poor slobs that leased for 3yrs, & paid for it - wrongly assuming it might be ready in only a year or so.

On TMC? Definitely.

I don't lease but given my normal rate of keeping a car for 1-3 years, the delay is certainly having a real effect on me too. I don't worry about it too much, given that I'm in no rush to depart with the car but certainly this is not how I thought it would play out.

I was totally expecting to have 4 camera EAP and some additional 8 camera features by now. I think that was a fair interpretation of the events back then.

Today buyers of course know Tesla and the value of their word a bit better. Hopefully.

If you have an attorney they should know what to do. You shouldn't have to do anything to get them to apprise you of your rights and how to preserve them. Just make sure they are retained and then it's their problem.

@oktane doesn't have an attorney (at least not a competent one in this area of law) - nobody with the money to buy a $1XX,000 car who is serious about taking action against the manufacturer and has the money to do so asks an internet forum for what to say to her/his own attorney.

Some people argue they would not buy the car if not for the (promised) FSD...
Normally court cases are based on actual damages. I would be surprised if they could claim they got NO VALUE from the car without the FSD Feature which has NO delivery date even to this day. But I could see getting back the $3,000 especially sense it is tied to the car and can not be transferred to a new car. Buy hey I am not a lawyer.

As more time goes on, it becomes harder on one hand to ask for full value back due to actual usage of the car, but on the other hand as more time passes and EAP is not released, it becomes more evident that this was fraud on Tesla behalf.

I’m meeting attorney this week on unrelated matters and will ask him for clarification.
Please report back. Regarding EAP. Hard to say it has not been "released". It is pretty clear that it will be released over time which has been true. I would agree that none of the FSD "only" features has been released. But of course EAP is a foundation for FSD.