Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Visualizations!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 40.50.1 this AM. Took it for a test drive and yes you get stop sign and streetlight display as well as garbage cans and more lines at intersection. What you don't get is anything really related to FSD. It doesn't stop at stop signs, it doesn't slow down approaching a stoplight, it doesn't yet turn the corner. It will brake for garbage cans if close to the road. No where close to FSD, but you do get some more games if that is your thing. I paid for FSD, not games!

We already knew this. This update is just the visualizations as a sneak preview of things to come. Traffic light response where the car will stop is currently in EA and will be released later. We will get the FSD features later.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I will be surprised if FSD makes it in 2020. They got a long way to go.

I don't disagree that Tesla still has a lot to do but they are a bit closer than we thought. After all, who knew that Tesla had the NN to detect road markings, garbage cans etc... Traffic light Response is in EA testing now. I think 2020 will be the year of some nice FSD progress.

Just got the update. I must say the visualizations are impressive.

Attachments

• F4C42C83-2A51-40F1-9866-813EE9821511.jpeg
    F4C42C83-2A51-40F1-9866-813EE9821511.jpeg
    384.4 KB · Views: 101
  • B6D9C9D4-338D-45F3-8275-D26E139590F7.jpeg
    B6D9C9D4-338D-45F3-8275-D26E139590F7.jpeg
    298.6 KB · Views: 81
Installed 40.50.1 this AM. Took it for a test drive and yes you get stop sign and streetlight display as well as garbage cans and more lines at intersection. What you don't get is anything really related to FSD. It doesn't stop at stop signs, it doesn't slow down approaching a stoplight, it doesn't yet turn the corner. It will brake for garbage cans if close to the road. No where close to FSD, but you do get some more games if that is your thing. I paid for FSD, not games!

You also get railroad crossings, bicycle lanes, and arrows in turning lanes too.

I don't disagree that Tesla still has a lot to do but they are a bit closer than we thought. After all, who knew that Tesla had the NN to detect road markings, garbage cans etc... Traffic light Response is in EA testing now. I think 2020 will be the year of some nice FSD progress.
My oh my what 6 months does to someone’s expectations!!! Remember when @diplomat33

Will a large animal, like a bear, deer or Bigfoot on the side of the road show up - or does it already do that ?

Deer avoidance is one of the things I've been hoping for, but it hasn't shown up yet that I've seen/read. Many deer incidents at night happen in ways that there just isn't enough reaction time even for a computer, but it'd be nice if the car was dodging and warning when it can.

Deer avoidance is one of the things I've been hoping for, but it hasn't shown up yet that I've seen/read. Many deer incidents at night happen in ways that there just isn't enough reaction time even for a computer, but it'd be nice if the car was dodging and warning when it can.

I've seen pics of deer showing up at night with Cadillac's Night Vision cameras - which I thought was pretty cool. I played with the idea of trying to set up a FLIR camera, but haven't had the chance yet....

The voice commands seem to work really well. They no longer need specific pidgin english sentence structure and instead seem to be able to take real, variable requests. Don't really care about the new visualizations until they do something.
Can't wait to try camping mode though.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
The voice commands seem to work really well. They no longer need specific pidgin english sentence structure and instead seem to be able to take real, variable requests. Don't really care about the new visualizations until they do something.
Can't wait to try camping mode though.

For some reason, my voice commands are really hit or miss. I have to shout the commands slowly for it to hear them. Is the car's microphone dirty or something? Where's the mike?