Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD, would like that $1K back please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who prepaid for both has lost 3k, not 1k.... since people who bought neither get both for 5k now, and those who prepaid both paid 8.

Yes, but it could be argued that those of us that bought EAP have got the use of it for several month. FSD, not the case.

I think the whole thing does boil down to the fact Tesla said these options would cost more if you added them post sale, then went back on that statement. The price change for new car buyers is just the nature of things. There were no promises on prices for future cars or options. When they make a statement buy this option at purchase for X and afterward for Y, then change the price for the people who already made the decision between X and Y, that is what gets people rightfully upset.

Reactions: mswlogo
Funniest thing I’ve ever heard. Please tell me you were joking.
Well, just because you and I think it's ridiculous doesn't mean it's not true.
I am quite happy with my Model 3 FSD purchase earlier this year. Looking forward to the release of the new FSD chip in 2019.

It is a wild, unpredictable world we live in.
I am happy with my FSD purchase on my marvelous Model 3. Happy to have bought it. Happy to keep it and wait.
There are a million posts like this. Here's someone who experienced regret at not purchasing it when they had the chance:
Smart isn’t relevant to the decision. Donate to the Tesla dream. You will feel better if you do.

As for the dreamers who already donated and now believe they will have saved money when the eventual price is a kazillion dollars, that’s definitely what will happen. You should feel very smug.

Poor foolish me for not seeing the future.

EDIT: Just to be clear, it is a joke (sort of).

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic
(and Hell- P3D- guys got a $5000 refund for something they never even bought (the performance upgrade package))

Come on let that go.. my stealth car cost me more than the today's performance w/all the fancy bits.. software is what I wanted...

Anyone who prepaid for both has lost 3k, not 1k.... since people who bought neither get both for 5k now, and those who prepaid both paid 8.

I have a friend who bought his AWD in Dec 2018 w/EAP for +$5k. Today I can buy autopilot and FSD (whatever that really is gonna be) for the same price he has already paid and he will have to pay another $2k to end up with what I would have...

I don't know about refunds here but something sure seems off ...

Still no word from Elon.
Does he really not care at all?
He did respond:
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 1.19.26 PM.png

That what actually ignited the backlash in the 1st place...

Those who pre ordered the FSD in 2018 ONLY because he wrote on the purchase page that later it will cost much more, when price actually REDUCED even before software out, wants to get refund if not for the whole pre order that was still not delivered, at least for the difference between what it’s cost now and what the actually paid in order to save...

Read this:
Tesla’s autopilot bait-and-switch does a disservice to early buyers who took them at their word

Reactions: zmarty
People can rationalize almost anything, especially if that results in a benefit for them.

Exactly... The whining about this is on a level that I'm not sure I've seen to date... Yeah there were a lot of upset people with the P90DL fiasco, and rightfully so I might add, and there were also people upset about other price changes and unexpected feature/hardware changes but those blew over relatively quickly... This...??? This is just off the freaking charts and is, at least for me, completely hilarious and totally ridiculous.

Entitlement is a dangerous thing. You paid what you paid when you paid it. Prices change. End. Of. Story. Tesla owes you nothing, just like any other seller of whom you purchase a product from who changes their price up/down after you purchase it.

I'm critical of Tesla on a number of things but this simply isn't one and there is literally zero justification for it anyhow. Yeah, my 100D that I leased in November is almost the price of a P100DL lease today and that sucks but so what? IF, and that's a HUGE IF, FSD actually provides something then perhaps I'll buy it at whatever the price is at the time but I'm not holding my breath... Tesla is one of the worst software development companies out there...

Jeff

Exactly... The whining about this is on a level that I'm not sure I've seen to date... Yeah there were a lot of upset people with the P90DL fiasco, and rightfully so I might add, and there were also people upset about other price changes and unexpected feature/hardware changes but those blew over relatively quickly... This...??? This is just off the freaking charts and is, at least for me, completely hilarious and totally ridiculous.

Entitlement is a dangerous thing. You paid what you paid when you paid it. Prices change. End. Of. Story. Tesla owes you nothing, just like any other seller of whom you purchase a product from who changes their price up/down after you purchase it.

I'm critical of Tesla on a number of things but this simply isn't one and there is literally zero justification for it anyhow. Yeah, my 100D that I leased in November is almost the price of a P100DL lease today and that sucks but so what? IF, and that's a HUGE IF, FSD actually provides something then perhaps I'll buy it at whatever the price is at the time but I'm not holding my breath... Tesla is one of the worst software development companies out there...

Jeff
What about Tesla’s entitlement?

They feel like they can tell customers that if they order non working future software, they will save money, then making it cheaper to anyone else that didn’t pay at the same time, and not refunding anything while the software still not out...

What Amazon would do in this case???

Entitlement goes both ways...

Read this:
https://electrek.co/2019/03/04/teslas-autopilot-bait-and-switch/

Entitlement is a dangerous thing. You paid what you paid when you paid it.
Get a clue. If you’ve been reading or paying attention to the thousands of posts in this forum you’ll see that this has nothing to do with what you refer to as “entitlement.” In fact this is far from it. Even Elon, in his tweet (look at post #30) alludes to the fact that us early FSD purchasers as not “whole” and in order to make us “whole” it would “kill the company.” His response is total BS because there are many other ways to make us “whole” without “killing the company” as others have suggested.

Jeff

WOW.... It really isn't that hard to understand why people are pissed...

They pre-ordered a product at a price..... A product that has yet to be released.

The SAME unreleased product is now cheaper for some people and it still has not been released...

If you pre-ordered your Tesla Model 3 at 60k and then that very same pre-order price drops to 50K, you would cancel your order and then pre-order it at the lower price or demand a refund of the difference...

Tesla is not allowing them to do that.... and hence why they are upset...

It's really not entitlement.... It's about being taken advantage of....

Get a clue. If you’ve been reading or paying attention to the thousands of posts in this forum you’ll see that this has nothing to do with what you refer to as “entitlement.” In fact this is far from it. Even Elon, in his tweet (look at post #30) alludes to the fact that us early FSD purchasers as not “whole” and in order to make us “whole” it would “kill the company.” His response is total BS because there are many other ways to make us “whole” without “killing the company” as others have suggested.

Then they shouldn’t have lowered the price. Keep it high and make more profit. I hope Tesla still dies after this