Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD - Wrong info from my sale advisor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be taking delivery of my MY RWD around March 1st. I just called my sales advisor regarding FSD and I don't feel I had the right answers...

He told me FSD could be transferred if I sell the car in the future. And there would not even have transfer fees for the new buyer.

I also thought the self driving in streets (with traffic light and stop sign recognition) was not yet working in Canada. But he told me the FSD includes it and it is working...

Anyone can confirm?

I will be taking delivery of my MY RWD around March 1st. I just called my sales advisor regarding FSD and I don't feel I had the right answers...

He told me FSD could be transferred if I sell the car in the future. And there would not even have transfer fees for the new buyer.

I also thought the self driving in streets (with traffic light and stop sign recognition) was not yet working in Canada. But he told me the FSD includes it and it is working...

Anyone can confirm?
If you sell the car privately, the FSD would stay with the car and the new owner would get it. If you sell it to a dealership or even back to Tesla, they could remove FSD.

Unfortunately, you can't transfer FSD from one Tesla to a new Tesla when you upgrade to a newer vehicle.

Elon said no to transfers for FSD to next car in the most recent earnings call (same as it has always been). Didn't hear any news that there as any change to this policy.
Elon confirms NO FSD transfer will be offered :(

But you are talking about the transferring of FSD to a new buyer with the existing car. If that is the case, yes that is true and has always been that way. FSD is tied with the car (not with the owner).

Anyone can confirm?
Traffic and stop sign definitely is working in the USA already. However Autosteer in Cities not yet. People in Canada would have to chime in about if it's the same case there.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikes_fsd
...Autosteer in Cities...

That's confusing terminology. People who bought Autopilot/FSD in October 2016 did not have Autosteer at all either on freeways or cities until the very last day of 2016 but even then, it only worked on freeways at the maximum speed of 35 MPH and not at any speed in cities.

Later on, in the early months of 2017, Autosteer started to work up to 90 MPH on freeways as well as legal speed in cities.

Thus, Autosteer in Cities has been working since about March 2017 or the past 4 years.

That's confusing terminology. People who bought Autopilot/FSD in October 2016 did not have Autosteer at all either on freeways or cities until the very last day of 2016 but even then, it only worked on freeways at the maximum speed of 35 MPH and not at any speed in cities.

Later on, in the early months of 2017, Autosteer started to work up to 90 MPH on freeways as well as legal speed in cities.

Thus, Autosteer in Cities has been working since about March 2017 or the past 4 years.
To clarify I'm talking about this part it says in the FSD option when you order now:
Coming later this year

Autosteer on city streets
That presumably means making left and right turns at intersections (which with my FSD trial definitely doesn't work yet).

Last edited: