Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD WTF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree. FSD is what brought me to Tesla in 2019, and my Model 3 today can't really do anything that it couldn't do back then (yeah I'm not counting stopping for green lights as a feature).

Vroom will be picking it up soon and I'm trying to find an EV other than Tesla.

By the way, just took delivery if a no radar Y for the wife, so no, I'm not a hater.
You will have regrets when fsd is released in December.

That said you bought a car for fsd and Tesla is the only manufacturer really working toward it don’t see the point in jumping ship. Is there a compelling fsd alternative out right now?

Agree. FSD is what brought me to Tesla in 2019, and my Model 3 today can't really do anything that it couldn't do back then (yeah I'm not counting stopping for green lights as a feature).

Vroom will be picking it up soon and I'm trying to find an EV other than Tesla.

By the way, just took delivery if a no radar Y for the wife, so no, I'm not a hater.

For whatever it may be worth, due to Tesla's shenanigans with FSD I cancelled my plan to buy a Model Y to replace our ICE, and I'm now planning on buying an Audi Q4 E-tron as soon as the fully-specced models hit the US. It'll be a step back in terms of ADAS since I'll lose nav on autopilot, lane changes, etc, but the lanekeeping and TACC should be good enough for my commute, while having almost certainly more comfort, luxury, and quiet.

Model 3 will get relegated to second-car duty and probably spend the rest of its life doing a couple thousand miles per year while I wait for my death or the features I paid for, whichever comes first. Presumably death.

I'm still in the buying the FSD dream camp. I have much lower expectations than most. I always thought full self driving is a crock, but level 2 is a fun video game. Plan to buy used Model X next year when prices come down. Was planning to buy earlier but used prices shot up when production shut down. Will be great when their is a decent competitor. I'm starting to lose faith in Mobileye, but that can change quickly. Will openpilot rise?

Reactions: Microterf
For whatever it may be worth, due to Tesla's shenanigans with FSD I cancelled my plan to buy a Model Y to replace our ICE, and I'm now planning on buying an Audi Q4 E-tron as soon as the fully-specced models hit the US. It'll be a step back in terms of ADAS since I'll lose nav on autopilot, lane changes, etc, but the lanekeeping and TACC should be good enough for my commute, while having almost certainly more comfort, luxury, and quiet.

Model 3 will get relegated to second-car duty and probably spend the rest of its life doing a couple thousand miles per year while I wait for my death or the features I paid for, whichever comes first. Presumably death.
Well that was bleak…

1) Why do they need DOJO if it's a year away before it's even started and FSD should be out before then?

Tesla needs Dojo to accelerate the pace of training the NN. The FSD that will be released initially won't be true FSD in the sense of being driverless. It will require driver supervision and intervention. In order to actually achieve fully driverless everywhere (aka true FSD), Tesla needs to solve every single driving case, every single road, in the entire US, in every condition, every edge case etc... That is a lot to solve. Dojo should hopefully speed things up. Without Dojo, it would take a lot longer.

2) Won't FSD subscription alienate everyone who bought it up front? Because nobody would pay a $200 subscription for traffic light detection. So it either has to be priced lower or not launched at all.

Not necessarily. It would depend on what the price of the subscription is. I think Elon has mentioned that it will still be cheaper to outright buy FSD instead paying month to month.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. It would depend on what the price of the subscription is. I think Elon has mentioned that it will still be cheaper to outright buy FSD instead paying month to month.

The problem of course being that Elon's relationship with the truth is at best a conceptual familiarity, not an intimate one, so we really have no idea what will happen.

Where's the FSD class-action lawsuit?

There are so many anonymous nicks on TMC and elsewhere talking about a class action lawsuit for years, but its all vaporware and amounts to nothing. Can't each of you fork over some money to finally get this kicked-off? Surely TESLAQ can fund some of the costs of securing a lawyer.
Tell ya what, I'll take on funding the class-action lawsuit. Give me two weeks...